How to use an FC category as Homepage / Frontpage
It is possible to create a FLEXIcontent category to replace the frontpage (com_frontpage).
- Create a category e.g. called "Frontpage Items".
- Go the the (SYSTEM) FLEXIcontent advanced route plugin and select to exclude this category from routing (=meaning no links will be created to it, e.g. when displaying the categories of an item this category will not be listed)
- Duplicate a template (e.g. the blog template and call it called "frontpageblog") and assign it to the category "Frontpage Items"
- If needed, edit the files of this new template (particularly the category*.php files) to customize them.
- Assign the items you wish to appear in the frontpage to this category.
Of course the items will be assigned to both the "Frontpage Items" category and their normal category(-ies) (use CTRL-click to select)
- Create a --new-- menu item that points to the category "Frontpage Items" and set it as --default-- so that it becomes your home page.
You are done !!