[solved] Can I delete images in flexicontent/uploads folder?

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #11266 by andrus
Hello, can I safely delete images in components/com_flexicontent/uploads/ folder? Those images are copied to stories directory too, so I don't need a duplicate in another folder.
Will this arm the website somehow?

Thanks very much :-)
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by andrus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #11267 by yopyop001
Hi,

I think these images can be used when you specify a specific size for thumbnails (like in blog category parameters; when you don't use small, medium or large parameter).

May be some modules (aidaNews, ...) use this image sources to generate thumbnails with specific parameters.

Anyway,
Copy-paste all the images in another folder and see...

Regards

More
13 years 5 months ago #11275 by andrus
Ok I'll try, thanks very much ;)

More
13 years 5 months ago #11321 by micker
hello if it solved edit your post title and add [solved]
thanks

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 2 months ago #22075 by artisanwebandprint
Hello,

I tried removing the images from this folder because it is adding over 1GB of space - lots of images. It produced this error:

Original file seems to have been deleted, cannot find image file: /home/infoboc/public_html/components/com_flexicontent/uploads/1_1-4.jpg

screencast.com/t/LELZhT5eUXK1

So the pictures work great when I look at the thumbnail, rokbox blowup, etc which means they are not needed for the display on the front end. For now, I'll restore my pictures, but I would like to figure out a way to delete these duplicates if possible without producing an error on the front - end.

Thanks,

Dawn

More
Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline