Automatic redirect from the article view to flexi item view

More
10 years 1 month ago #45701 by b2z
Hello!

I wonder does FC allow an automatic redirect from the article view to the FC item view? Searched on forum and did not find an answer.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #45703 by ggppdk
Hello

by default:
Joomla article view is redirected to FLEXIcontent item view in order to display FLEXIcontent extra fields and use FLEXIcontent templating system,

thus
1. you do not need to update your menu items
2. please note that this is done by using Joomla Router, so please do not think that this is done via browser redirection which costly and time consuming e.g. +0.5second to 1 seconds, but instead when Joomla Routing decides which component to render, the com_flexicontent component is rendered instead of com_content, thus you do not pay cost of real "redirection" (=page reloading)

The Joomla category view is not redirected to FLEXIcontent category view, because usually it may not need to display extra fields, plus some people may want to keep existing category views

to use FLEXIcontent category view please create a FLEXIcontent category/multi-category menu item or an FLEXIcontent directory view menu item

the FLEXIcontent category view utilizes FLEXIcontent category parameters (advanced ALPHA-index, peer-categories, FACETED filters, etc)

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 1 month ago #45711 by b2z
Thank you for your answer!

Well that means that something is wrong on my website. I want to move to FC and I am testing it. So when I want to reach an article using the old link I have a redirect to index.php intead of FC item view. I am on Joomla 2.5.19, "System - FLEXIcontent" plugin is published, FC version is "2.1.2 r1806 beta".

Please note that articles are not connected with the menu items. But I have converted com_content categories menu items to FC Categories.

I hope that with your help I will resolve it. If you need an access to my website I will provide it to you.

More
10 years 1 month ago #45712 by ggppdk
Hello

1. are you using some 3rd party SEF plugin ?
- since you have a test site , please also test with SEF disabled to see if this is related to SEF

2. backup your .htaccess and test with the Joomla's default .htaccess file

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
10 years 1 month ago #45718 by b2z
1. I am using Joomla's default SEF. Without SEF enabled direct link open com_content not FC.
2. Did it, but same result.

More
10 years 1 month ago #45719 by ggppdk
Hello

FLEXIcontent system plugin can be configured to excludes chosen user-groups from redirection, can you check if this is enabled ?

after doing the above if you have this site online then you may give me admin access to by sending me a PM

also it is better to use: (not related to this issue)
v2.1.3 r1857 BETA, it is stable except for some new filtering abilities in universal module

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline