Questions about using csv file import

More
9 years 2 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #51803 by rafah
Hi,

When I try to upload csv file for item import,I am getting the following error.I edited the fields in a column in a normal excel sheet and items give in next line.
Csv file lacks column 'title'

following are parameters set
Field Separator \t
Item Separator \n

please help me as I am new to import.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #51804 by Rooney
How does the whole file look like? For example, you do not need to physically write \n in the csv file if the editor puts linebreaks (hidden) into the files. Could you post a couple of lines?
Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

More
9 years 2 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #51806 by ggppdk
Hello

this message is normal, when you don't configure your FIELD separator properly

because in this case the whole row will be the field title

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #53900 by Kiikanla
Hi, I also have a problem with importing a CSV File.
I'm a totaly noob in Flexicontent, even though, i think this component looks great

I use Joomla 3.4.1 et flexicontent 2.2.1 rc
My site is hosted by PlanetHoster and use Firefox (Ubuntu)

My project is to create a catalogue of clients references.
I have created a category, a type and fields.
I have tried to respect the CSV format which is written in the import section of the installed component (using " ~~ ").
Here are few lines of my file :
Code:
ITEM ID ~~ ordre ~~ nature ~~ typedintervention ~~ index ~~ title ~~ numeroclient ~~ typedetablissement ~~ annee ~~ departement ~~ ville ~~ client ~~ intitule ~~ 1~~ 001-00 ~~ F ~~ ACCOMPAGNEMENT DE PROJET ~~D-GTR~~ Formation accueil de nuit. ~~1~~ PUBLIC ~~1994~~89~~ JOIGNY ~~WXCVB~~ . ~~ 2~~ 002-00 ~~ E ~~ ETUDES ET MISSIONS D'ASSISTANCE ~~ AUDIT ~~ Etude relative à la mise en place des 35 heures de nuit ~~2~~ PRIVE ~~1994~~89~~ SAINTE COMOMBE ~~AZERT~~ . ~~ 3~~ 003-00 ~~ E ~~ ETUDES ET MISSIONS D'ASSISTANCE ~~ AUDIT ~~ Etude relative à la mise en place des 35 heures de nuit ~~3~~ PUBLIC ~~1994~~21~~ CHATILLON-SUR-SEINE ~~QSDFGH~~ . ~~ 4~~ 004-00 ~~ F ~~ FORMATION ~~ D-GTT ~~ Formation accueil de nuit. ~~4~~ PRIVE ~~1994~~57~~ METZ ~~ABCD~~ . ~~ 5~~ 006-02 ~~ E ~~ ETUDES ET MISSIONS D'ASSISTANCE ~~ AUDIT ~~ Etude d'organisation de l'archivage des dossiers~~4~~ PRIVE ~~1995~~57~~ METZ ~~ABCD~~ . ~~ 6~~ 006-01 ~~ E ~~ ETUDES ET MISSIONS D'ASSISTANCE ~~ AUDIT ~~ Etude d'organisation~~4~~ PRIVE ~~1995~~57~~ METZ ~~ABCD~~ . ~~ 7~~ 021-00 ~~ F ~~ FORMATION ~~ R-RH ~~ Communiquer ~~5~~ PUBLIC ~~1995~~74~~ EVIAN-LES-BAINS ~~EFG~~ . ~~ 8~~ 023-00 ~~ E ~~ ETUDES ET MISSIONS D'ASSISTANCE ~~ AUDIT ~~ Etude d'organisation des secrétariats~~5~~ PUBLIC ~~1995~~74~~ EVIAN-LES-BAINS ~~EFG~~ . ~~ 9~~ 025-00 ~~ F ~~ ACCOMPAGNEMENT DE PROJET ~~ SEC-MED ~~ Amélioration des Conditions de Travail~~6~~ PUBLIC ~~1995~~51~~ CHALONS-EN-CHAMPAGNE ~~HIJK~~ . ~~

My questions:
  • Is there a tutorial for im port smewhere?
  • Do I have to have all the fields in my CSV? (I mean even the ones which seem to be natives in Flexicontent (text, created, created_by, modified, modified_by, title, hits, document_type, etc. )
  • Do I have to put the fields in the same order than when I look at my fields list in my admin?
  • Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by ggppdk.

More
    8 years 11 months ago #53906 by ggppdk
    Hello

either
    - your field separator is wrong,
    - or you forgot the first row , which must have correct field names !!
    - or the first row uses wrong separator

v3.0 is almost done, but it does not have any bug-fixes (nothing serious discovered) in the import task other than zero value not inserted in some cases:

github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck/releases

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
    Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
    -- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
    8 years 11 months ago #53922 by Kiikanla
    Thank you for answering ggppdk.
    Sorry, I'm not sure i understand. You said:

either
    - your field separator is wrong,
    - or you forgot the first row , which must have correct field names !!
    - or the first row uses wrong separator

Do you say this according to my CSV lines or about common errors in CSV importing?

The way I have donne my CSV: I intended the first line to be my first row and I didn't know there was proper field names. Do you know where I can find info about this? (or maybe tell me what is a proper name?)
    I also thought that " ~~ " (including the spaces) was the required field separators. It seems that it is also a mistake.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
    Time to create page: 0.304 seconds
    Save
    Cookies user preferences
    We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
    Accept all
    Decline all
    Essential
    These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
    Display
    Accept
    Analytics
    Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
    Google Analytics
    Accept
    Decline