Item link in Joomla Template <> Item link FlexiContent

More
8 years 11 months ago #54777 by phanie
Joomla version 3.4.1
FlexiContent version : 3.0 beta 6B

Hi,

For information, this is my first Joomla website (after a training on Joomla 1.X ? 3years ago !!)
(some words will be in French, cause I use flexi in my language)

I understood we need to have url link to every item, to avoid have problem with url.
So I let the site_content link (annuaire) in the Flexicontent hidden menu.
This menu is active, with no positions assigned.

In the main menu, I have an access to the "SCANDINAVIE" category.
I duplicated the blog template and apply it to this category.
The item (voyage) link are : www.ecotourisme-pourtous.com/index.php/s...-laponie-finlandaise
Everything is ok.

In the home page, I used a carousel (from my joomla template). I suppose it doesn"t understand the "flexicontent categorie" menu I have created.
This carousel show me the item I have selected (ok, fine), but the link to the item page is as :
www.ecotourisme-pourtous.com/index.php/1...-laponie-finlandaise

So I have some modules I wouldn't like to have, because there is no link created to this page.

MY QUESTION (at last)
Can I use a external carousel to flexicontent ? (the flexi carousel seems very powerful but too much complex to set up)
Hopely yes ! but how so ?

Can you advise some joomla template compatible with flexicontent ?
I would prefer not to have to create a template by myself...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #54782 by ggppdk
Hello

you can use any carousel,
just note it will not display FLEXIcontent custom fields

- Some carousel modules may make use of Joomla Full/Intro images
if you do not see these in item form, please do this:

1. Go to Joomla plugin manager, and find "FLEXIcontent system" plugin and edit it
2. Select in it , to allow Super Admin users to directly Access Backend Joomla Article manager, and click to save
3. Go to Joomla Article manager, click Options and Enable Full/Intro Images, and a new TAB will appear in FLEXIcontent item form called "compatibility"

-- NOTE: if you want to display Full/Intro images in FLEXIcontent view, then you will need FLEXIcontent v3 BETA 7c +
that has a new "source" option for image field, called "Joomla Full/Intro" Images

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by ggppdk.

More
8 years 10 months ago #55283 by phanie
Hi.
The website in online 2 weeks ago, and I come back to my carousel question.

Really no way to use the flexicontent field, even to add some php code in the carousel file ?

I have used the Joomla intro images, so that's alright for this point.

NEW QUESTION : I have an issue with the item link
I have created the hidden menu for flexi categorie, but when the carousel link created is as : website/catid-categname/itemid-itemname ; instead of website/categname/itemid-itemname as the other link in the website.

If needed here are the weblink
carousel page test : www.ecotourisme-pourtous.com/liste-de-categories-flexicontent

Thanks for your help.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #55291 by ggppdk
Hello

you can update to v3 BETA7g (J3 only)
- known issues : custom fields columns in backend items manager are empty or incorrect value

to get a new link like:
website/categname/itemid-itemname as

you need to create a menu item
- pointing to the category
- and having menu item alias: categname

I see that you are using voting and favourites,
please note that you can use (in v3.0 final)
- composite voting of mulitiple characteristics, the average is set as the Joomla vote record (v3.0 final)
- reviews that is combine with the voting (v3.1 final, but experimental/unsupported)
- favourites for categories (v3.0 final)

about carousel i recommend that you try the carousel template of universal module, experiment with its configuration to find the configuration that you need

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by ggppdk.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #55293 by phanie
The categorie menu already exists, and links works fine, except for the joomla theme carousel.
Because I have created a flexi-content categorie link Menu.
So this link seems not be available out of flexi content (as in a external carousel).

I have created a "basic" categorie link, and then the carousel item link works fine (but it's a categorie link duplication (with another alias) - so it's a bad solution.

I try to use the Universal Content Module for FLEXIcontent , to apply the carousel, but difficult to obtain a nice design.
The link to the item in your carousel works fine.
So, is there any link to documentation to explain parameters, and perhaps with some finished examples, to help me to configure it to obtain a design carousel ?

Thanks a lot
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by phanie.

More
8 years 10 months ago #55294 by ggppdk
Hello

please use v3 BETA7g instead of 6b and about parameters, the popup description of them is usually quite good, plus the are grouped properly instead of being a flat list

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline