Categories field with only subcategories

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #56145 by ibweb
I have created a table on my site that uses the categories field which I renamed to Profession ( view page ). As you can see, all the items are in the Nursing Jobs category, as this table is in the Nursing Jobs category view. Is there any way I can set this categories field to display only the subcategories? It is redundant to label every item with "Nursing Jobs".
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #56151 by ggppdk
Hello

do you mean the categories (field) FILTER for filtering the frontend item listing ?

or the category selection in item form ?
-- if you mean in item form, then inside the configuration of every type you can select a top level category and also exclude it from being selected in the category selector (there is a parameter for this)

if you mean the "categories filter" then if frontend view is using a single category (not multi-category view) then the categories filters will only show subcategories by default

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 8 months ago #56152 by ibweb
I mean the field in the frontend listing. I am using a Flexicontent menu item called Category (not Categories). I don't think I changed any default settings of the category view, but it's still showing the top level category in addition to subcategories. Where exactly is this setting located?

More
8 years 8 months ago #56153 by ggppdk
Hello

in the page that you posted, the categories filter is not displayed, please add it

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
8 years 8 months ago #56174 by ibweb
To be clear, I'm not trying to add a categories filter at the moment. My concern is with the category field, labeled "Profession", in my table. For example, for the Job 1 item, the field says "Nursing Jobs | Registered Nurse". I would like this to just say "Registered Nurse". I know that with a filter, there's a setting to exclude the selected category from being selected in the dropdown. However, that setting isn't applying to the displayed field in the table listing, and I'm not seeing a similar setting for that.

More
8 years 8 months ago #56180 by ggppdk
Hello

i see the categories field,

this will show all assigned categories , you can exclude some categories that are special, but this is different than your case !

e.g. you may have special categories, examples:
- Homepage
- Slideshow home
- Offers

to prevent these categories from being listed by categories field,

you can go to Joomla PLUGIN manager,
find -system- plugin: FLEXIcontent Advanced Route
and select to exclude these categories from being displayed in categories field and in breadcrumbs etc

The following user(s) said Thank You: ibweb

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline