'attribs' DB table column of 'flexicontent_fields' DB Table is not large enough to store large configurations

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #57705 by MikeM
Hi all, sorry for my english!
I have a problem with a cascade fields.
I add to content group of field - (placement), that include cascade selects - Region and City.
regions saved ok, but cityes(1700 items) not save in Mysql database, while i change type of field "attribs" to "mediumtext" from "text".:
Code:
ALTER TABLE `nameoftable_flexicontent_fields` CHANGE `attribs` `attribs` MEDIUMTEXT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL;

Now it works ok, but i want that field be as link to a page.

For example if user read an article with "region" field = REG_i he can link this field to a pages, which contain all articles(items) with field "region"=REG_i.
and if user read an article with "city" field = city_i he can link this field to a pages, which contain all articles(items) with field "city"=city_i.
In additional for it: how create a page, which contained all "regions" with(or whithout) alpha-filter that user can select "region" as he want, and create similar page for cities too?

I understanding that it make with creating a flexicontent category page with sensitive options, and link as Prefix text & suffix text. But how it make on practic - i do not understand :blush:
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #57720 by ggppdk
Hello
Code:
TINYBLOB, TINYTEXT L + 1 bytes, where L < 2^8 (255 Bytes) BLOB, TEXT L + 2 bytes, where L < 2^16 (64 Kilobytes) MEDIUMBLOB, MEDIUMTEXT L + 3 bytes, where L < 2^24 (16 Megabytes) LONGBLOB, LONGTEXT L + 4 bytes, where L < 2^32 (4 Gigabytes)

so 64 KBytes is not enough to save field's configuration
- accepted, will add the change to our installation/upgrade script,
as we do want to allow configuration to save properly, and 1700 row are not too long

another alternative for you could have been, to create a DB table and select your elements from there

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 6 months ago #57722 by MikeM
thanks

what about another question - how can i make linkable field automaticly - 1700 pages for every city made hands - too hard

More
8 years 6 months ago #57730 by ggppdk
Hello

you can use 2 Database Tables
and configure the select fields to retrieve their options using an SQL query
(see popup description of the 'fields' parameter)

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
8 years 6 months ago #57734 by MikeM
i dont understand how make automaticly links with sql :(

Now i make as prefix <a href="/regions/{{region##0##_value_}}">
And manually create a 90 menu items (flexi category pages) with locked filter field_region_id#value
it looks like http;;/mysite.com/regions/REG_i

Same operations for city: i manually create 1700 menu items for cityes with locked filter too

It is very hard.i say, however there is a way to make it by Flexi methods? or php code?

Basically how make a custom field linkable as a Tag or Category, without create every page manually?

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #57741 by ggppdk
Hello

ok. i misunderstood you, i thought you meant item form,
about viewing, you do it via Filters?
- why you do not create a single page and show the 2 or 3 fields that you need as filters ?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.665 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline