About re-ordering fieldgroup data in database manually

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #58663 by melissa.blanchard
Hi,

I'm using Joomla 3.4.5 and FC 3.0.8. I have a script that when a date is passed, the data in the date field and other grouped fields is deleted based on the order in the flexicontent_fields_item_relations table. The problem is that if I delete the group field with valueorder 1, the others who are valueorder 2,3,4 etc. do not appear in the selected article but do appear in the database. The reason for the error is because since there is no more valueorder 1, the others can't assign themselves in the first fieldgroup. I need help to create a script that would either change the valueorder of the others if 1 doesn't exist OR the lines of code that happens in the back when you X a fieldgroup manually.

Thanks.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #58683 by ggppdk
Hello

first what you suggest is not a bug
- but it makes sense that we handle it

it may already work with v3.0.9RC6c,
which has several fixes and improvements related to the fieldgroup field !! (e.g. file field is now supported inside the fieldgroup)
for now, please upgrade and retest

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #58689 by melissa.blanchard
Updating didn't fix the problem.

I executed my sql query, it deleted the fieldgroup that had an expired date, so my valueorder 1 is gone. I can still see the second fieldgroup for the same article in the DB, but can't see it on the website or in my article. I don't know if you understand the problem, since there is no fieldgroup with valueorder 1, then the fieldgroup with valueorder 2 can't be shown since it doesn't follow the numeric order. If i manually go in the DB and change the fieldgroup valueorder to 1 (the one that used to be 2) it will appear again in the article as fieldgroup #1.

More
8 years 4 months ago #58712 by ggppdk
Hello

The following work was meant for later but since we found a fieldgroup bug in checkbox, checkboximage, selectmultiple:
Now in GitHub repository:

- Fixed fieldgroup support for fields checkbox, checkboximage, selectmultiple, not to mix values when some groups have no value.
- Improved fielgroup field storage not to add empty values into the DB.
- Improved fieldgroup to discard ALL empty groups in viewing and in editing and handle holes in the value order

I have tested these but please test too
- please click "download zip" from github repository
and install (aka upgrade) via Joomla installer

- or get FLEXIcontent v3.0.9-2015_11_29 nightly
github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck/releases

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
The following user(s) said Thank You: melissa.blanchard

More
8 years 4 months ago #58764 by melissa.blanchard

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.905 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline