[SOLVED] Illegal mix of collations with J3.5, Unable to load any FC Administration screen

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 5 days ago #60688 by yopyop001
Hi,

I have updated the Joomla version to the test version 3.5 RC4, PHP to PHP 7.0.2, FC to 3.0.14 beta1

When i try to access FC Admin Panel, i have this error :
Code:
1267 Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '<>' SQL=SELECT COUNT(*) FROM #__content as i JOIN #__flexicontent_items_ext as ie ON i.id=ie.item_id WHERE i.language<>ie.language LIMIT 1
It seems that #__content table and fc table don't use the same charset. I don't know if it's because of my configuration.
(i have the same message with PHP 5.6)

No problem in front-end

Regards
Last edit: 8 years 5 days ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 6 days ago #60689 by yopyop001
After downgrading to Joomla 3.4.8 , no more problem
In Mysql : It seems that the tables in Joomla 3.4.8 are all 'utf8_general_ci' and in Joomla 3.5 the tables are 'utf8_unicode_ci'
Last edit: 8 years 6 days ago by ggppdk.

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 6 days ago #60695 by ggppdk
Hi

it is not PHP7 it is mySQL version (maybe ALL mySQL)
i should have fixed this sooner,

i was lately using MariaDB and it does convert these collations silently
- thus it gives no error

this fix should be last thing to add in v3.0.14
- at least v3.0.13 should not have this problem in frontend

will make v3.0.14 RC with fix during weekend

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 6 days ago #60698 by ggppdk
Which is your MySQL version number ?

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 6 days ago #60701 by ggppdk
Hello

please test with:
v3.0.14-rc
github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck/releases

also please edit / save an item/type/field/template layout in backend
and test frontend item / category views

More
8 years 6 days ago - 8 years 6 days ago #60730 by Natwork
HI,

I have the same issue with j3.5 & FC3.0.14RC2; i'm using php 5.6.17 & MySQL 5.5.46...
I cleared backend & frontend cache, and repaired database with joomla integrated tool, with no success.
Everything is OK in frontend.
Code:
1267 Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=SELECT COUNT(*) AS total1, ( SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `#__flexicontent_items_ext` AS ie JOIN `#__content` AS i ON ie.item_id=i.id WHERE 1 ) AS total2 FROM `#__content` AS i JOIN `#__flexicontent_items_tmp` AS ca ON i.id=ca.id JOIN `#__flexicontent_items_ext` AS ie ON ie.item_id=i.id WHERE 1 AND i.`title`=ca.`title` AND i.`state`=ca.`state` AND i.`catid`=ca.`catid` AND i.`created`=ca.`created` AND i.`created_by`=ca.`created_by` AND i.`modified`=ca.`modified` AND i.`modified_by`=ca.`modified_by` AND i.`publish_up`=ca.`publish_up` AND i.`publish_down`=ca.`publish_down` AND i.`version`=ca.`version` AND i.`ordering`=ca.`ordering` AND i.`access`=ca.`access` AND i.`featured`=ca.`featured` AND i.`language`=ca.`language` AND ie.`type_id`=ca.`type_id` AND ie.`lang_parent_id`=ca.`lang_parent_id`

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline