Can't change column layout in BLOG template

More
7 years 9 months ago #63227 by dan40
Hi, I am not new to Joomla but I know enough about it to know that if I have difficulty with something I need to ask someone else to see if they can help. Ok, so I have my site set up just about the way I want it set up... got all my thumbnail images showing up in the right areas, etc.
My problem is now that all of this is up and running, I somehow cannot get the columns in the Categories to display in two columns. I get this type of layout:

article1
article 2 article 3
article 4 article 5

...and so on...

I know there are ways you can change the article layout in Joomla but when I try that, my articles are still displayed the same way as above. I'd eventually like to change it to this layout:

article1 article2
article3 article4
article5 article6

...and so on...

Seeing as though my category list is NOT my main Joomla page (ie. my "Home" page), I tried making my Categories layout the Home page of my site, but it's still displaying with the latest article as the first article at the top, then on the next line 2 and 3, then 4 and 5 etc.

I looked through changing the column layout in FlexiContent, but it won't change. Perhaps I'm making changes in the wrong area.

Would someone kindly go to my site at www.dansmith.ca , click the Categories link in the menu, and see what I mean and tell me where I need to go to change it to the layout as mentioned above?

Thanks!
Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #63232 by Rooney
Category settings, Tab Layout on the right side, layout configuration for blog template. Here you can set item and column count for leading and intro items.
Again, this is all basic stuff as I mentioned in an other answer. Pleas ego through the FAQ, tutorials and use the forum. Information is available.
Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefrog

More
7 years 9 months ago #63233 by dan40
Thank you for your help Rooney, please be patient with all of us who seek help!! YOU know the software inside and out, WE do not know everything it can do, and when we cannot find the answers that is why we turn to you and the Flexi team. Flexicontent is a feature-packed CCK, which can be overwhelming to many! Please do not treat me, or anyone who asks for help, like criminals just because we can't figure out how to do something. It's very condescending! The more you do this, the more stupid it makes us feel. Just use your judgement when replying but do not simply give us a quick explanation and a scolding because we don't know how to do something. This is very unprofessional. But what can we expect for free?

More
7 years 9 months ago #63235 by ggppdk
article1
article 2 article 3
article 4 article 5

Hello

you have 2 sets of articles
- 1st set called "leading" has it own parameters
- 2nd set called "standard" has different parameters than "leading"

The "leading" items are by default only -1- and also it is configured to use 1 column

thus the effect that you see

to achieve what you need, do this:
- set the number of leading items to ZERO

Always working to make configuration simpler, and new version adds to this purpose, the alternative to having parameters is to do what you need by editing PHP files much more !

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
The following user(s) said Thank You: dan40

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #63240 by dan40
That worked, thank you, ggppdk! Setting the Items Placement works only if I set the leading number of items to 0, and Intro Items as Masonry tiles. Goal achieved!

However, I noticed if there's a comment along with the article, it pushes all the other articles down by however many lines are in the comment, instead of being evenly spaced, but that could be the expected behaviour of Masonry tiles.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by dan40.

More
7 years 9 months ago #63241 by ggppdk
It must be an issue in the order of JS execution happen

1. the mansory tiles height is calculated
2. then the comments get hidden

thus you get the space, i ll open a new issue to review this

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
The following user(s) said Thank You: dan40

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline