Modify an existing template?

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #63325 by iorbita
Hello,
before beginning a detailed study for the modification of an existing template and adapt it to my needs, can you advise me what is the best approach for a layout like the one below? … default FLEXIcontent templates dont’t seem suitable for my layout, or maybe I’ve missed something…

- In the first line there would be four columns containing respectively an image, a block text, some information fields (such as phone, email, ...) and a map.
- In the second line just two columns with text.

What is the best approach to achieve this type of template? modify an existing template or take advantage of FLEXIcontent - Universal Content modules inserting them into an article?

In this context, is it possible with FLEXIcontent - Universal Content module to display only custom fields?

Thanks for your advices ;)
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by iorbita.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #63340 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Modify an existing template?
i think you can use blog template duplicate and modify
ex with bootstrap
Code:
<div class="content"> <div class="span12"> <div class="span3">image code for position</div> <div class="span3">col1 code for position</div> <div class="span3">col2 code for position</div> <div class="span3">col3 code for position</div> </div> <div class="span12"> <div class="span6">col1 code for position</div> <div class="span6">col2 code for position</div> </div> </div>
no need universal module .... you can use it to display movie in relation in bottom of your screenshot

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
7 years 8 months ago #63343 by iorbita
Hi,

i think you can use blog template duplicate and modify
ex with bootstrap

After I duplicated the template, are you referring to the item_html5.php (or item.php) file which must be changed by inserting Bootstrap structure?

More
7 years 8 months ago #63344 by micker
yes item_html5.php
you can use this for starting and cleaning all position to rebuild it has you want (for exemple you can only take title and kill all other things)
you can use bootstrap if your template use it
i recommand to use responsive class of master joomla template (if you didn't rebuild the well) lol

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
7 years 8 months ago #63353 by iorbita
...I guess I have also to modify xml file related to new fields?

More
7 years 8 months ago #63358 by micker
to add position
edit item.xml and add [code]<group>yourpositionname</group>[/group]
after edit your item_html5.php to add your php position inside
use helping button in template editor

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline