404 Error - Cannot Link to Category from Menu after J3.6 and FC3.1.0-rc2 and PHP7

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #63371 by Mahmood
Hi there,

I am having problems with my menu. All the old links that existed to category view no longer work

if I create a menu item that links to a FC category view the alias gives me a 404 error and says "Content category no: 0, was not found or is not published"

If I go the the category with alias and have some filter settings set then it works e,g. my website.com/category?cc=p then this will work
but website.com/category gives me an error

The long non search engine address works such as index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=category&cid=14

Also if I have a list of items in a category view and use the page pagination to view the next 10 items using something like this ?filter_49=0&cc=p&limit=10&start=10 I also get a 404 error

Can help please?????
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #63428 by Mahmood
Hi guys,

I managed to get help from my web hosts technical support team. They gave me the following explanation. Hope it is useful.

It seems that the issue at hand was related with the PHP versions which your application is using.

At the moment the respective component was not parsing the content properly in results of which indeed the errors was 404 :

Code:
HTTP/1.1 404 Content category no: 0, was not found or is not published
Server: nginx

As you can see the categories are not loaded correctly from your database. Also I have already made the necessary corrections by changing your PHP version to PHP 5.6 and everything is working as expected on my end :

Code:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: nginx
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 06:37:16 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Connection: keep-alive
Expires: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 00:00:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Pragma: no-cache
Set-Cookie: 681abdf95c893b43bd01963b67644515=48960f47a775f38cb51a8f906a6b8b58; path=/; HttpOnly
Set-Cookie: fc_uid=p
Last-Modified: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 06:37:16 GMT
Host-Header: 192fc2e7e50945beb8231a492d6a8024

In this case I would suggest you to contact the developer of the plugin so he could advice you if there are any incompatibilities with PHP 7.0 and also advice on any patch fixes.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by ggppdk.

More
7 years 8 months ago #63430 by ggppdk
Hello

my local development environment was PHP 7.0.3 and now PHP 7.0.8
- also local testing with PHP 5.6

i am not sure if PHP 7 is related or some other extra thing has changed in the 2 environments

which exactly PHP 7.0.x version was used ?
e.g. PHP 7.0.5 ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
7 years 8 months ago #63433 by ggppdk
Hello

please see my above answer, for PHP7.0 ,
the exact version may be important

is it v7.0.9 ? or other,

please ask your web-hostprovider which PHP version and and which MySQL version were used

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
7 years 8 months ago #63460 by Mahmood
According to my hosting provider the PHP was 7.0.8 and it has now been changed to 5.6.24 to resolve the problem I had.

MySQL is running on version 5.6.28
Server version: 5.6.28-76.1-log Percona Server (GPL), Release 76.1, Revision 5759e76

Hope that's useful :)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline