Help with structuring of items, types and field

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #63812 by madone
Hello,
I am working on a project and was wondering as a newbie what the best way to structure the content in FC for speed and DB optimisation. The scenario is as follows;
Brand of items that has many products within it. Each product has unique and repeating selectable items with Value. (e.g. BMW Brand of cars, Product would be different models such as 3 series, 5 series, etc., each product (model) would have its information and unique fields, but also has common selectable functions such as Satnav, bluetooth, cruise controld, etc with its own picture or small thumbnail or special graphic like steering wheel for cruise control)
There are multiple Brand, (e.g. FORD, Mercedes, Porsche, etc. That is the data storage part.

You have a type PACKAGE that has it's own information, plus links to Brand and products and product common fields that are all available when creating product in the back end. The user would only need to create "Package" using combination of data stored on the Brand, Product and common values.

The front end would display the package plus links to other content one clicked upon or parts of the additional associated data such as pics of brand logo, product information,
Hope this makes sense.

Your assistance is much appreciated.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by madone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #63832 by ggppdk
Hello

ok, but do you have a specific question ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
7 years 7 months ago #63847 by madone
I am sorry. I thought I did. What is the best structure to adopt for fields and types to achieve the required result?

More
7 years 6 months ago #63974 by madone
Hello,
I think we misunderstand each other so let me ask a more simple question and work the data structures and performance later.
I have followed the link below to create relationships between types as described on a new 3.6.2 joomla and 3.1.0.rc2 flexi.
www.flexicontent.org/documentation/faq/7...-reverse-fields.html

The problem is that category select is producing a list and when you select from the list, it does not create and Item list to select.
Attachments:

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline