ACL : SET USER PERMISSION FOR APPROVE BUT NOT PUBLISH

More
7 years 6 months ago #63852 by amaida
Hello. Is there a way to set users that belong to a specific group to approve items of a specific modol or category but not allowing them to publish (other group have to publish the item)?
Basically the workflow I would like to configure is:
1. group ALFA can create or make new versions of items that belong to a specific model or category;
2. group BETA can approve that item (state not published or in progress, published)
3. group GAMMA only can set the item to published.

Thanks so much,

Alessandro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #63998 by ggppdk
Hello

i think here is what to do:
- you can set some user to be able to edit the items, but without publish privelege
- then these users after they are done, they can send email with item ID (manually send email) to publishers asking them to publish the content items with the given IDs

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
7 years 6 months ago #64004 by amaida
Thanks for the answer.
This is not exactly what I need. I need a 3 steps publish workflow in wich:
  1. first group of users can edit
  2. second group can edit and approve
  3. third group can publish (eventually not (edit)

The best should be that every step could be seen from the frontend (edited by...., approved by...., published by...).

Maybe I can configure that creating special fields and giving ACL to the groups for each field?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline