[SOLVED] Category page: separate leading items / other items

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #64552 by hervemlam
Hello,

I've created this category page , but I'd like to manage the choice of items that are displayed big on 1st row, and those displayed after, more little.

According to the Display parameters, I suppose featured items appear first.

Yet my 1st item (Mission) doesn't have the yellow star of "featured", though it is displayed as head of list (chronologic).

Why?
What is the solution?

Good night.
HervE

PHP 8.1.16
Joomla! 4.3.3
FLEXIcontent 4.1.5
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #64556 by ggppdk
Hello

the "leading items" are display on top and have different display
- they do not get a "featured" tag or anything

you can do what you want via a different way, Use
Featured categories + Enabled Markups (* markups for featured categories, access-levels, recently added, etc)

(see the 2 pictures below on how to enable, and then edit an item in item form and assign it to a featured category, and then save and then view your category in the frontend)

The featured categories allow easier, styled-up and more intuitive management of your 'featured' web content, featured categories are:

(a) specially selectable by your editors in item form and will not appear inside the normal category tree of item form.
-- (of course) An editor will need 'create' privilege on a featured category in order to be able to select it in item form.
-- e.g. users buy a subscription that adds them to a usergroup which has create privilege on some Featured Categories

--THIS IS YOUR CASE--
(b) optionally can receive special markings (markups) in item listings / item view,
thus making the content items stand out of the crowd via CSS style markings (markups) with or without text

(c) can have special usage like being used in Frontpage or be assigned to modules
e.g. categories: 'Frontpage', 'Top Slideshow', etc, in this case you would want to hide direct links via the System Plugin FLEXIcontent Advanced Route (please edit plugin configuration)

1. Create a top level category "FeaturedCats" and under it
Create categories with various names:
"Featured"
"Recommended"
"Special Offer"
"Whatever"

2. In component configuration enable them, this will display a new "multi-select" in item form inside TAB "assignments"

3. Enable featured markings in component configuration, or in your category

(see pictures below)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by ggppdk.

More
7 years 5 months ago #64582 by hervemlam
Hello,

Very interesting. I gave it a try.

1. I created a new category named "Album fétiche" with the same parameters as my other category (named "Album"). See screenshot 1.

2. I set it as "Parent of Featured Categories" in "Featured" tab of FLEXIcontent configuration. See screenshot 2.

Though, I could not see my new category in "Assignments" tab of item edit. See screenshot 3.

Do you know why?
To be honest, I am not sure I understood well the whole process and principle of "featured".

Good night.
HervE

PHP 8.1.16
Joomla! 4.3.3
FLEXIcontent 4.1.5
Attachments:

More
7 years 5 months ago #64584 by ggppdk
Hello

the parent is never shown
- you need to create sub-categories under this category

because if we showed the "parent of featured categories" then people will be able to select it in item form
and we do not want the parent to be selectable, we do not even want to show it :)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlainR

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #64596 by hervemlam
OK, I see.

So I created a new parent category named "Catégories en vedette", and set my category "Album fétiche" as sub-category of it. See screenshot 1.

Then I wanted to set this new parent category as "Parent of Featured Categorie" in "Featured" tab of FLEXIcontent configuration (see screenshot 2)... but I can't!

Whenever I set it, then save... it keeps all previous parameters (i.e. "Album fétiche" in this case) as if I never saved it at all! (And no warning nor error message.) How strange!!

What can it be?

HervE

PHP 8.1.16
Joomla! 4.3.3
FLEXIcontent 4.1.5
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by hervemlam. Reason: Add attachments

More
7 years 5 months ago #64598 by micker
check your type and category display tree

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline