[SOLVED] How to configure access to FLEXIcontent administrator menus ?

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #64553 by othbert
Hi guys, setting up the permissions for backend users and a little confused about the flexicontent menu (in the dropdown menu bar at the top of the page).

For example, I have several user groups set up and wish to hide almost everything from basic authors, except allowing them to create new items which they can then send for approval requests. However when I log in as an author, the Flexicontent menu contains all the options, to view the types, fields, templates... everything.

I researched a little on the forum here and generally through google and think I found some posts where it was said that the menu should reflect the user's actual permissions in the ACL which doesn't seem to be happening for me. Is this a new bug perhaps? By the way, if the user goes to a disallowed page, eg. Types, they are able to see all the content even if they cannot edit it.

As for the ACL, I have for example, explicitly denied access to Types - Manage -

Setup is as follows:
Joomla 3.6.2
FLEXIcontent 3.1.0-rc3

Cheers!
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #64554 by ggppdk
Hello

you can use the ACL permissions that say:
"manage"

see the picture of the permissions per usergroup in component configuration:

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by ggppdk.

More
7 years 5 months ago #64560 by othbert
Hi there, thanks for the reply. I have the 'manage' items set to denied but links still appear in the top menu. Is this the intended behaviour? Any other way to hide the sections from that menu?

Thanks!

More
7 years 5 months ago #64588 by ggppdk
mmm

That top menu is static !
It is created on installation

i see the problem, this is indeed not a desired behaviour
we need to make that menu dynamic

github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck/issues/655

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
The following user(s) said Thank You: othbert

More
7 years 5 months ago #64603 by othbert
Ah great! Wasn't sure if this was intended or not, but that would be a helpful new addition indeed! :)

Many thanks

More
7 years 4 months ago #65084 by ggppdk

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline