[SOLVED] How to hide read more link when using blog layout

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #64673 by gauthier
Dear,

On my site (j3,6,4 and flexi 3,1,0), I use a menu item to display a category, there is only one item in this category, and it is displayed correctly.
My problem: I can't get rid of the read more button below this item.

In the category settings, it is set to "force full text" and "hide read more". The menu item has "overwrite settings" set to "no", and in the item itself, I don't see the option to hide the read more link. In the template's settings (blog) I can toggle the "strip html option" to "yes, yes force read more or no" but it makes no difference (both leading and intro item).

Do you know where else can I look to disable this read more link? Should I create a copy of the template and remove the read more from the php file?

Thanks and regards,
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #64675 by gauthier
Ok Sorry if I wasted your time, I found it in category's layout parameters, instead of "item list" parameters.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #64677 by ggppdk
Hello

yes that was what is was going to write

this is a layout parameter of the category layout of the blog template

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #64678 by gauthier
Yes, thanks for looking into it. It makes sense that the layout parameters are more important than the item list parameters.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline