Going Deeper than just parents/childern items for Relationships

More
7 years 4 months ago #65158 by Josh
I first want to say that I'm extremely pleased about the existence of a relationships (and reverse relations) custom field. Read the two articles on them and is working well. :woohoo: However it seems to only go one layer in. For example if I created an article called "FlexiContent" and added it to the article "CCK" (via relations field) the structure would show the parent as "CCK". Ideally if the relations field behaved similar to Joomla's article breadcrumbs, it would instead be "Joomla Extensions > CCK" ("Joomla Extensions" being the parent of "CCK"). The JED has a really good example of this:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...ruction/flexicontent
(Home > Authoring & Content > Content Construction ) All items are linkable. This is extremely helpful for showing the structure and helping people access "root level" articles. Perhaps I missed something in the custom field configuration?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #65162 by ggppdk
Hello

Home > Authoring & Content > Content Construction

Is category tree path ...

About relations, it is possible with existing code,
- only reason we prevented it is to avoid loops

but i think there is a simple way to DETECT loops and throw an error
- so we can just add detection and then , we can remove the code that forbids going more than 1 level

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by ggppdk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh

More
7 years 4 months ago #65165 by Josh
Yeay! I'm very excited to hear about this. For me this will be without a doubt my favorite addition to FlexiContent. A huge thanks for your willingness to add this. My other minor suggestion is for the routing to be respected from FlexiContent's options.I have the routing set to native Joomla URL's, however the relations custom field links to the FlexiContent item instead of the Joomla article URL. One of the reasons I'm using the native Joomla URL instead is because it's very short (site/category/article-name). I removed the id by making a small code adjustment. ;)

More
7 years 4 months ago #65166 by ggppdk

One of the reasons I'm using the native Joomla URL instead is because it's very short (site/category/article-name).

FLEXIContent item URLs are the similar, but it also depends
- on the FLEXIcontent menu items that you have created
- on SEF options in component configuration (and in TYPE configuration for selecting menu items)

also if site/ appears in URL it means that you home page is com_content menu item ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #65176 by Josh
I did a little more tweaking and got the URL structure in FlexiContent to be exactly what I want. :cheer:

My Joomla article structure is: peakface.com/mountain/48-eldorado-peak (domain/menu-item/id-name) The Flexicontent version is pretty much the same: peakface.com/mountains/48-eldorado-peak (added "s" to make unique). Glad that part is looking well. Regarding your question, I was just saying "site" instead of a domain like flexicontent.org to demonstrate the path structure.

Looking forward to the full path of related fields. Thanks again for your replies. B)
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Josh.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #65619 by Josh

ggppdk wrote: but i think there is a simple way to DETECT loops and throw an error
- so we can just add detection and then , we can remove the code that forbids going more than 1 level

Checking in on this. Tested both FC 3.1.1 and the latest v3.1.2-dev-build1 05-Jan-2017 which does not check for the deeper children. Thanks again for your support. :cheer:
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Josh.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline