Frontpage content automatic before Blogpost

More
7 years 4 days ago #67079 by wango
Hi,

I am not sure if this is a "feature" of Flexicontent:
When I publish a new article you can reach it through the navigation an the normal URL (e.g. www.eiderstedt.net/blog/item/567-ostern-2017-in-st-peter-ording ).

Additional something inside Joomla ( I guess Flexicontent) is creating a second URL for every blogpost which displays the complete frontpage and after that the blogpost. For the example above it looks like this: www.eiderstedt.net/blog/item/567-ostern-2017-in-st-peter-ording .

Unfortunately this page is listed in the Google-index (Google also ignores the canonical URL inserted by Flexicontent).

Where is the setting to disable this?

Many thanks and have a sunny easter.

Boris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #67120 by ggppdk
Hello

The 2 URLs that you posted seem to be the same

Also the syntax of HTML of the page seems broken,
are you using some compression plugin ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
6 years 11 months ago #67126 by wango
Hi ggppdk,

sorry it was a copy and paste mistake of me. This is the strange page with the blogpost attached to the frontpage: www.eiderstedt.net/63-blog/567-ostern-2017-in-st-peter-ording .

I also changed it in the first post and switched the HTML-minification off, so the sourcecode is better readable.

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #67131 by ggppdk
Hello

www.eiderstedt.net/63-blog/567-ostern-2017-in-st-peter-ording

Is also a valid URL, which contains a REL-CANONICAL
www.eiderstedt.net/blog/item/567-ostern-2017-in-st-peter-ording

So it looks proper

Please note that the above item URL exists because there is a page that contains a category URL:
www.eiderstedt.net/63-blog/

OR it can be because the above URL exists in some 3rd party page

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by ggppdk.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.558 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline