Item Image not showing in category view

More
6 years 9 months ago #68126 by EFI Editor
Hi, im quite new to Flexicontent and have a question. Im using Fc on a news website so i have categorys for different regions. Now i create an article with a text intro then an image then the rest of the story. The articles are fine but when i go to the category the articles are there but this images are missing. I think i played around with the settings a little too much can anyone give me an idea how to fix this?

Many thanks in advance B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #68127 by ggppdk
Hello

you say that you have "added an image",
how did you add the image ?

you added inside description ?
you added using FLEXIcontent image field
you added inside "compatibility TAB (image / links TAB)" (this is the Joomla article Intro / Full images)

can you post a picture of FLEXIcontent item form?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
6 years 9 months ago #68203 by EFI Editor
Hi Thanks for your reply.

I have made a little progress- Let me explain.
When i create the article in FC item manager i upload the text and image at the same time - then complete the SEO and other variables - when i publish the article it is fine - all good :)
However when i look in the category on one of the menus at the frontend the first article is the leading one and then a column of 2 articles. Now the first Article is missing almost everything : i have an example here of what it looks like: efinews.net/europe

Any help to fix this is appreciated - Thanks

More
6 years 9 months ago #68211 by ggppdk
Hello

i think you are using the Joomla Intro / Full images

You can do this:

1. Create a FLEXIcontent image-gallery field
and in its configuration select "Image source" to be: Joomla Intro / Full images

2. In category click to the "edit layout" configuration (note this will effect all other categories that use the -same- layout)
and in it select the new image field

If you still have problem showing image then
you may send a PM with super admin access to review this

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
6 years 9 months ago #68350 by EFI Editor
Hi thanks for the reply and apologies for the late response. I did as you suggested and created an image-field but then got completely lost and it seems the more i click on variables the worse it gets. Happy to PM you login and grateful for your assistance.

Note: There is a regional menu in top position and a side menu - all have categories and my aim is to have a visitor click on a category in which they will see 1 lead item with header,image and intro text with read more followed by 2 columns with same settings.

Thanks so much and will pm you login asap.

More
6 years 9 months ago #68354 by ggppdk
Hello

yes you may send me a PM to look at this

just mention which category (its name or its id) you are using for testing

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline