Reverse relation field language filtering problem after update

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #69832 by marc.light
Hi,

I have a 3 year old website that I keep upgrading. It used to work fine but we noticed that the reverse relation field shows new items in both languages and I'm not sure since witch upgrade. Also some items do not show.

It's now running 3.2.1.5 on Joomla 3.8.1

Can someone help?

Thanks.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #69836 by ggppdk
Hello

do you think there is a bug ?

Also some items do not show.

Are the items published and allowed access level ?
is the category and item type of the items published and of allowed access level ?

Can someone help?

of course if this is a bug , we will fix

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #69838 by marc.light
It might be a bug, hard to tell. Others would have got the same problem by now I guess. Items that do not show in the reverse relation field show in category view so I guess access levels are good.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #69841 by ggppdk
Hello

The reverse relation field inside the viewing TAB,
- has several filtering options that can exclude items that have been related !

so if you have some filters active there, then it is expected to see less files

So first check the above,
then to print the query that decide the items for relation field and for relation reverse field:

inside file
components/com_flexicontent/classes/flexicontent_fields.php
at line 5142 ( for v3.2.1.5)

//echo "<pre>".$query."</pre>";
return $query;

uncoment the echo statement by (temporarily) removing //

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #69959 by marc.light
I have double checked the filtering options and everything is configured as it should. I'm on a french page with the reverse field showing french and english items and if I switch to english, no items shows up. I have noticed that this only happens with newly created items, old ones show up fine. So I guess it's the new items after I did the upgrade.

Following your instructions, here's the output:

SELECT i.*, ext.*, GROUP_CONCAT(c.id SEPARATOR ",") AS catidlist, GROUP_CONCAT(c.alias SEPARATOR ",") AS cataliaslist FROM #__content AS i LEFT JOIN #__flexicontent_items_ext AS ext ON i.id=ext.item_id JOIN #__flexicontent_fields_item_relations AS fi_rel ON i.id=fi_rel.item_id AND fi_rel.field_id=33 AND CAST(fi_rel.value AS SIGNED)=253 LEFT JOIN #__flexicontent_fields_item_relations AS f ON f.item_id = i.id AND f.field_id=34 LEFT JOIN #__flexicontent_cats_item_relations AS rel ON i.id=rel.itemid LEFT JOIN #__categories AS c ON c.id=rel.catid WHERE 1 AND ext.type_id IN (3) AND i.catid IN (152) AND ( i.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_up <= UTC_TIMESTAMP() ) AND ( i.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_down >= UTC_TIMESTAMP() ) AND i.state IN (1,-5,2) GROUP BY i.id ORDER BY f.value DESC, i.title ASC
SELECT i.*, ext.*, GROUP_CONCAT(c.id SEPARATOR ",") AS catidlist, GROUP_CONCAT(c.alias SEPARATOR ",") AS cataliaslist FROM #__content AS i LEFT JOIN #__flexicontent_items_ext AS ext ON i.id=ext.item_id JOIN #__flexicontent_fields_item_relations AS fi_rel ON i.id=fi_rel.item_id AND fi_rel.field_id=33 AND CAST(fi_rel.value AS SIGNED)=253 LEFT JOIN #__flexicontent_fields_item_relations AS f ON f.item_id = i.id AND f.field_id=34 LEFT JOIN #__flexicontent_cats_item_relations AS rel ON i.id=rel.itemid LEFT JOIN #__categories AS c ON c.id=rel.catid WHERE 1 AND ext.type_id IN (3) AND i.catid IN (155,279,280) AND ( i.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_up <= UTC_TIMESTAMP() ) AND ( i.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_down >= UTC_TIMESTAMP() ) AND i.state IN (1,-5,2) GROUP BY i.id ORDER BY f.value DESC, i.title ASC

Thanks for your help.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #69989 by ggppdk
Hello

do the related items show in item form as related ?
i speak of relation field (not of reverse relation field)

Also about

shows new items in both languages

if they were added as related , why they should not be shown ?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.516 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline