Binding articles creates content issues

More
9 years 1 week ago #53797 by ibweb
I duplicated my site to test Flexicontent, and when binding articles, I was disappointed with how Flexicontent essentially "took over" on everything. Article content disappeared (which I resolved in the templates), but certain articles are still messed up. A submit button completely vanished. Is there a way to integrate Flexicontent into a sit without it needing to bind to every article? The only reason I am using Flexicontent is for the Knowledge Base option. Is it possible to only use it for KB without messing up/altering the rest of my site? Please advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #53801 by micker
no sorry => flexicontent override all content you need to bind all article to become items with more option

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
9 years 1 week ago #53812 by Rooney
Could you describe what you mean with "messed up", "article content disappeared" and "submit button completely vanished"? I am just asking because FlexiContent uses com_content and should not mess up things.
Also, there is the possibility to use com_content and com_flexicontent in parallel. Of course you have to bind the articles but Joomla views are still working. Just the question if it makes sense. What part of your page in percentage is the KB?
My experience is that after a while you would use more and more features of FC because they are available anyway.
Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #53818 by ggppdk
Hello

please note that FLEXIcontent is a different component, it is not just a com_content addon,
-- it does not modify data of com_content,
a. thus many 3rd party extensions plugins, modules, etc continue to work
b. you can uninstall FC leaving the web-site as before (please check your menu items if you have changed e.g. the home page)

many features of the multiple extensions included in FLEXIcontent package, are mpt possible without replacing or continuesly hacking behind the com_content,

so the choice was to create a new component,

installing FLEXIcontent will make site need some re-configuration, you can use FLEXIcontent in website that you need its special features.

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by ggppdk.

More
9 years 1 week ago #53847 by ibweb
The article content disappearing was mostly fixed when I went into the templates and adjusted what is visible. However, my example is that we have a "subscribe to our Newsletter" form that is messed up when FLEXIcontent is bound to that article. The button to submit information to sign up disappeared completely.

Is there no way to leave certain articles completely unchanged even when FLEXIcontent binds them? Every article has been slightly changed at least some, at least stylistically.

More
9 years 1 week ago #53849 by ggppdk
Hello

About button, disappearing, i can not see any other reason for it to disappear, other than:
- CSS hiding, please in your browser click e.g. in chrome "inspect element" on a place near it, and look if it is there but it is hidden by CSS
- the button is added by JS and their a JS
or the JS detects that current page is not a com_content article view

about excluding specific items, this is not implemented
thus currently you cannot do this in v2.2.x / or v3 BETA5a

this is a topic discussed in the past, so there is interest in implementing this without breaking many parts of the code,
but it is not available in the almost finished v3.0, we try adding in v3.1

not binding items would mean updating too many code,
but allow viewing , could be simpler via a parameter per content type
possibly without breaking anything

- if item is assinged to e.g. content "type A"

then Joomla article view will not be redirected to redirected to FLEXIcontent item view,

will examine enabling this in v3 BETA6, but will be disabled/hidden for final v3 if any trouble are caused by it

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline