[SOLVED] Menu "Flexicontent - Item", no item selection box

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #53874 by fredo
Hi,

We have updated a site (on a copy for test) from Joomla 1.7 to Joomla 3.4.1. The site works. Then we installed Flexicontent 2.2.1rc and imported items. When we created a type of menu "Flexicontent - Item", you can not choose the item, the selection box does not appear (see screenshot).

Regards.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by fredo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #53889 by ggppdk
Hello

please make site copy (but since this is upgrade you may have already a copy ready for testing)

and install v3 BETA6 (will be available "today"):
www.flexicontent.org/downloads/latest-version.html

(for now v3 BETA6 is recommended for new installations, or installations with an annoying bug of v2.2.1)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by ggppdk.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #54046 by fredo
Hi Georgios,

I updated Flexicontent to version 3.0 BETA6b and I have the same problem.

During installation I had some PHP warnings, nothing blocking and which I think are not causing the problem:

PHP Warning: Missing argument 1 for com_flexicontentInstallerScript::getExistingManifest(), called in joomla-3.4.1-test/tmp/install_553e0abac7e90/flexicontent-cck-3.0.0_Beta6b/script.php on line 84 and defined in joomla-3.4.1-test/tmp/install_553e0abac7e90/flexicontent-cck-3.0.0_Beta6b/script.php on line 1284
PHP Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in joomla-3.4.1-test/tmp/install_553e0abac7e90/flexicontent-cck-3.0.0_Beta6b/script.php on line 269
PHP Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in joomla-3.4.1-test/tmp/install_553e0abac7e90/flexicontent-cck-3.0.0_Beta6b/script.php on line 273
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: msg in joomla-3.4.1-test/tmp/install_553e0abac7e90/flexicontent-cck-3.0.0_Beta6b/script.php on line 544
PHP Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in joomla-3.4.1-test/tmp/install_553e0abac7e90/flexicontent-cck-3.0.0_Beta6b/script.php on line 544
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: msg in joomla-3.4.1-test/tmp/install_553e0abac7e90/flexicontent-cck-3.0.0_Beta6b/script.php on line 573
PHP Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in joomla-3.4.1-test/tmp/install_553e0abac7e90/flexicontent-cck-3.0.0_Beta6b/script.php on line 573

I tried different types of Flexicontent menu and I have the same problem for the type "item" and "Item submission form" where the page is not refreshed, and does not display Flexicontent elements. The form for the menu does not change. I can save and exit from the menu, then open it again, the elements of Flexicontent do not appear. I also look at the page with Firebug, the elements do not appear.

We migrate multiple sites to Joomla 3. We migrated a site that was using Joomla 2.5.20 and Flexicontent 2.1.2 r1806 beta to Joomla 3.4.1 and Flexicontent 2.2.1rc, there is no problem on this site the forms for the menus Item type display well FLEXIcontent elements. The problem appears to a site without Flexicontent we migrated from Joomla 1.7 to Joomla 2.5.28 then 3.4.1. We then installed Flexicontent and imported items. Strange bug.

Regards.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by fredo.

More
8 years 11 months ago #54048 by fredo
Hi,

I do not know if the problem is related to it.

On two websites migrating to Joomla 3 with Flexicontent 2.2.1 rc and 3.0 beta6b with french language pack (2015-02-16-08-27-31), in the Flexicontent configuration tabs "Workflow", "Notifications" (3.0 beta6b), "Backend Managers", "Import" (3.0 beta6b) and "Permissions" does not work. Click on the tab has no effect. After having updated the french language package 2015-02-16-08-27-31 to version 2015-04-24-13-33-54, click on the tabs work.

Uninstalling the french language pack or installing the latest does not fix the bug on menu type Flexicontent item.

Regards.

More
8 years 11 months ago #54058 by micker
did you try with eng language

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
8 years 11 months ago #54081 by fredo
Hi,

Yes, I tested by connecting me in english, I have the same problem.

Regards.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline