[SOLVED] Different urls for the same page lead to an issue with Jcomment

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #56858 by Chabi01
Hi everybody,

I have a person on a website who warns me on an issue with Jcomment and articles in multicategory.
On the site www.copaindescopeaux.fr you have some article in differents categories.
For example, this article :
www.copaindescopeaux.fr/4-videos-de-menu...issage-rabotage.html
You can have the link on the site when you use the sitemap and the search module. In this way, the link is ok and you can see all the comments from Jcomment.
Now, this article is also in an other category in the navigation menu (link to a category blog to help visitors to find articles).
If on this site, you go on "Vidéos > par machine", you will also find the same article on the "dégauchissage rabotage".
Yes...but the link generated is slightly different in the menu :
www.copaindescopeaux.fr/ site_content/4-videos-formation-bois-2010/8-video-menuiserie-degauchissage-rabotage.html
On with this, the Jcomments comment are not shown (there is 2 comments here as people put 2 comments after using the link)...

How to correct this ?
Thanks !
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #56860 by micker
FLEXI version and joomla version ?

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
8 years 7 months ago #56861 by Chabi01

More
8 years 7 months ago #56869 by ggppdk
Hello

you speak of item view right ?
and the item is viewed (clicked) via 2 different category (or multi-category) views right ?

Please note that:
-- display comments parameters is set per category
if you display the same item in 2 different categories then you can select to show comments in one category, and not to show comments in the other category,

and the item is inheriting from current category, so if current category has not enabled comments then they will not be shown
-- to make the item show the comments in all cases enable comments in type configuration, (or enable this parameter in every item)

but i see a potential problem, item view will always merge menu parameters of a single category menu item, even if "override category params" is disabled,
- if you have single category menu items, temporarily enabled "override category parameters" in them
and check that "use JComments" is set to "Use global"

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 7 months ago #56879 by Chabi01
Hi Georges,
Even with this, i can not get a correct view...
Note : if i go thru the "video" menu, i have 2 comments on the url i gave above. If i find the article thru the sitemap, i have all comments since the beginning.
Jcomments is activated everywhere...
How can i get an similar url (like a canonical one) to be sure to have always the same url. In the same time, if i analyse correctly this, i have many duplicates urls, right ?
Thanks for your help :)

More
8 years 7 months ago #56892 by ggppdk
Hello

i think i know why, it is because of menu item merging its parameters last
- but the category menu item should not be merged in item view ...
and in our case the parameter name is the same and it is effecting the item view

please send me in a PM
- the 2 links
- super admin login

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.655 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline