differents results between "simple" favourites and "Favoured Items"

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #57787 by germany_bw
Hello

I use to test the features "simple" favourites and "Favoured Items", "Favoured Items" once by using "Limit favoured items to a category" with parent-category and once more without any category in "Limit favoured items to a category"

"simple" favourites: all favourites will be showed but only after cleaning the cache.

"Favoured Items": By using "Limit favoured items to a category" with and without a category to limit the results only one favourite will be showed.
- I tried different items. indexed in main-category or not, and I subscribed in category-view(presentation) and item-view(presentation). all the same result.

Because especially one(this) item will be showed in "Favoured Items" and not all ? I don`t know?

update: I´m afraid the probleme is the main-category. New items only with the parent-category will be showed as favourites in "Favoured Items" . In past I changed the main-category for the most items. That could be the reason.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by germany_bw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #57788 by ggppdk
Hello

"Favoured Items" items uses category view, and it applies all limitations
e.g. it includes current frontend language
- please switch current frontend language to confirm if this is the reason

about language , i think it makes sense to remove / ignore. This should not cause any problems
- need to find if some other filtering besides language, is not appropriate for the "Favoured Items"

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by ggppdk.

More
8 years 6 months ago #57789 by ggppdk
Hello

- about favourites and cache,
you will have to wait for caching to expire before all favourites are listed,
otherwise recent favourites will not be liste

maybe it is best not to cache the "Favourites" and Favoured view, to avoid user confusion,

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
8 years 6 months ago #57810 by germany_bw
Hello

ok, I deactivated the cache.

I have switched the language for user-account, menus, categories and the items, no better results. The Language seems not to be.

From about 2100 items I favoured about 580 items to test. Only 18 items will be showed in "Favoured Items". Because these items will be showed I couldn`t see yet.

I also tested different content-types. All new items will be showed in "Favoured Items". I will test again. When you have an idear... I`ll get back.

More
8 years 6 months ago #57812 by ggppdk
Hello

From about 2100 items I favoured about 580 items to test. Only 18 items will be showed in "Favoured Items". Because these items will be showed I couldn`t see yet.

some undesirable filtering is done,

did you put any filtering into the menu item ?
e.g. did you activate parameter :
locked filter values

More
8 years 6 months ago #57813 by germany_bw
Hello

"locked filter values" is not activated in menu item and global config. I also activated no other configs for this menu item, only the menu item itself.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.628 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline