[SOLVED] Search feature doesn't work after first search

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #59841 by agnesch
Hello,

I have Joomla 3.4.8. and Flexicontent 3.0.10 installed.

I had a problem also with previous version of Flexicontent 3.0.8. which is: I have linked a menu item to Flexicontent search feature. If I perform one search after cleaning the browser and backend cache, it all works as expected.
But, after performing the one search, I cannot perform anymore searches, because every time I hit the search button, the search results go back to the first, initial search term I used. However, if I change the search term in the url bar (e.g. www.mydomain.it/cerca/search?q= medicinali&p=all&o=category&limit=10&cc=p) and then press enter to search, the search results are shown.

I've tried re-indexing, changing options in the menu item, and changing options in FC configuration but without success.

Please help!

Thanks!!! :blush:
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #59852 by ggppdk
Hello

it sounds like JS issue

you may send a PM with link to the frontend search view

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 2 months ago #60011 by Ninjakitten
This seems to be my problem as well. Joomla 3.4.8 and FC 3.0.11, right now. If I do a search, I get results properly. But then try another search from there... and it puts the right word in the URL, but the results shown are the ones from the first search. Clearing the cache lets the next 'first' one work, but otherwise putting in a new word and pressing the 'go' button just gets that first word's results. Like the first poster, though, if I change the term in the URL in browser bar and press enter to load that, it works.

More
8 years 2 months ago #60014 by ggppdk
Hello

it is a bug of the search view when Joomla cache is ON

i have made fix, will release v3.0.13 in 1-2 days, you may turn OFF caching till then

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
The following user(s) said Thank You: agnesch, Ninjakitten

More
8 years 2 months ago #60068 by Ninjakitten
The good news is: caching is not now breaking search! Hurrah! Thank you!
The bad news is: the results don't seem to quite be ordering by the global order, and changing the options in the menu item to try to arrange it from there... breaks search. All the way to a 404, if I tell it to use a custom date field, ascending, sort by date. It's very odd.

Also, is there a good way to use a different layout/template for search results? Would an override in my site template work?

More
8 years 2 months ago #60070 by ggppdk
Hello

ok
v3.0.13 is available
Fixed issues in search view:
- when caching is enabled 2nd search is not possible,
- under some configurations items of specific TYPE are forced, without user being notified about it

about ordering i will check

The following user(s) said Thank You: agnesch

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.543 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline