How To Include Flexicontent In JomSocial Activity Stream?

More
13 years 3 months ago #13048 by fmgoodwin
I'm trying to figure out how to include Flexicontent and JomComment actions in the JomSocial activity stream.

Is anyone doing this successfully? Please let me know. --Francis Goodwin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #31538 by mauriestate
Hi Francis,

I know this is an old topic but I am currently working on our own website and would like to do the same thing, to have flexicontent in jomsocial activity stream.

I know there is a default content plugin that publish new added articles (Joomla default articles) in jomsocial activity stream but it seems that this plugin is not compatible with flexicontent, did you find any solution for this please?

Tomy

Offering professional real estate and investment services in Mauritius. Visit us at www.sjkestate.com to also see the power of Flexicontent with Joomla to promote our services.

More
11 years 1 month ago #34885 by Kanefire
Just wanted to throw my name in the hat for this feature too.

More
11 years 1 month ago #34897 by micker
hello
you can ask and motived joomsocial to a compatibility with FLEXIcontent too! ;)

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
10 years 6 months ago #41131 by mauriestate
Hi,

After nearly 6 months, there is no interest from the Jomsocial team to develop the necessary plugin/app to work with FC! Not saying they are lazy but for sure they do not find any interest in doing so!!!

Anyway, we are going to try to develop something on our own to get this done, there is already a 'My Articles' app within Jomsocial that shows latest articles added by the user on his profile, we are going to modify this a bit so that it is also compatible with FC.

In addition, we are also going to develop necessary plugin/app so that FC articles are correctly set within Jomsocial activity stream.

All technical guidelines are also welcome :D

Offering professional real estate and investment services in Mauritius. Visit us at www.sjkestate.com to also see the power of Flexicontent with Joomla to promote our services.

More
10 years 6 months ago #41132 by ggppdk
Hello

2 Solutions

1. about extending "my articles"

All needed code is here:
(you only need a PHP array of Joomla articles ids: and you can create any FLEXIcontent field)

[url=http://flexicontent.org/documentation/faq/70-develloper-api-field-plugins/247-retrieving-the-html-display-of-fc-fields-inside-3rd-party-code.html
]Retrieving the HTML DISPLAY of FC fields inside 3rd-party code[/url]

2. Another solution is to extend FLEXIcontent Universal module, which already has an "Author Scope"

The question is where do you want to list the author's content, is it an Joomsocial single member view,
or is it a view where multiple member are listed ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline