bad migration to J3

More
9 years 1 month ago #53160 by jobfall
bad migration to J3 was created by jobfall
Hello

Being afraid of learning that support of 2.5 is now over, i was looking for updating my two joomla sites in joomla 3 (both with flexi)

And my first question is 'is it necessary ? I can read everywhere that 25 support is over , so ... ?

OK ....

First, i updated both sites to the last version of joomla 2.5 (don't remember the exact number of version ... it end in 8) ... ok ... one did it but the other refused to propose me newer version than the actual 2.5.19 !

OK, after reading some advices on the web, i went to "components>update of joomla>parameters and choosed STS (support short time).
There, i have two different reactions. The first one, that succeeded in update to newer version of 2.5, proposed me a pack for the version 3. I did it but now, front and back have nothing except "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JParameter in /home/mereinet/www/mereinetidor/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/defineconstants.php on line 87"

So, for this site (n°1), what can i do to come back to last version of 2.5, that was allright ? If I have to pass to version 3, then what can i do ? Install an update of flexi first ?
Note that i made an update with akeeba.

For site 2 , it depends on the answer to my first question, but, anyway, i have a problem of updating anything. I just tried to update the packed proposed for some componants (akeeba, JCE etc ..) and it is refused to update anyone ("JFTP: :write : mauvaise réponse Le chemin de mise à jour n'existe pas"). Then, what I should I do for this second site ?

Thank you for help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #53167 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic bad migration to J3
Hello

FLEXIcontent uses a Joomla function call to get the Joomla version number

-- this seems to be failing

please clear frontend/backedn Joomla cache, and relogin in backend, if the problem is still there

-- reinstall (do NOT uninstall) the FLEXIcontent vesion that you have e.g.
v2.2.1

and retry

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
9 years 1 month ago #53171 by jobfall
Replied by jobfall on topic bad migration to J3
But how can I clear the cache or install anything when i get nothing in front AND in back except this sentence ....

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JParameter in /home/mereinet/www/mereinetidor/administrator/components/com_flexicontent/defineconstants.php on line 87 ?

More
9 years 1 month ago #53173 by ggppdk
Hello

-- temporarily (via FTP or via CPANEL/Plesk or via Shell)

rename the FLEXIcontent system plugins

plugins/system/flexisystem/flexisystem.php
to
plugins/system/flexisystem/flexisystem__.php

plugins/system/flexiadvroute/flexiadvroute.php
to
plugins/system/flexiadvroute/flexiadvroute__.php

and retry to access the backend

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
9 years 1 month ago #53200 by jobfall
Replied by jobfall on topic bad migration to J3
Ok ... i finally understood your instructions.

i did it and changed the name of these two files

Now I have this at the front

Warning: require_once(/home/mereinet/www/mereinetidor/administrator/components/com_flexicontentDSdefineconstants.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mereinet/www/mereinetidor/components/com_flexicontent/flexicontent.php on line 63

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/mereinet/www/mereinetidor/administrator/components/com_flexicontentDSdefineconstants.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5.3/lib/php') in /home/mereinet/www/mereinetidor/components/com_flexicontent/flexicontent.php on line 63

and that on back

Fatal error: Call to a member function set() on a non-object in /home/mereinet/www/mereinetidor/administrator/components/com_login/controller.php on line 36

More
9 years 1 month ago #53204 by ggppdk
Hello

before FLEXIcontent will work properly,

Joomla needs to work properly

-- the upgrade has failed and / or it does not like your PHP version ?

try using PHP 5.4 or later

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline