[SOLVED] Phpthumb and 3.0beta6b : post install

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #54880 by Pitou
Hy

I've got a problem with phpthumb.
On my localhost installation, there's no problems to work with flexi.
On the distant installation, I never could change the phpthumb folder permissions and no access to flexi backend, so I was obliged to work only on the localhost, and after uploading the files and the database.

Yesterday, I upgraded to 3.0 BETA6b (everything works fine on localhost) but in the distant installation, the post install message was different.
Everything is in green, but I still have this message in red :
Error: Unable to change phpThumb folder permissions: /home/hebergement_sans_rne/svt/public_html/components/com_flexicontent/librairies/phpthumb/cache there maybe a wrong owner of the folder. Correct permissions are important for proper thumbnails and for -security-

It says that I have to do the correct modifications, but I haven't nothing to correct as everything is in green.

What can I do ?
Thanks
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Pitou.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #54882 by ggppdk
Hello

if you refresh and it goes away then it is false message,
(it is fixed in BETA)

you can ignore it

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #54884 by Pitou
Hello,

That's what I've done, but still there.
So I guess it's not false message.

And all my folders in com_flexi have the same rights, why is it a problem for that folder and not for the others ?

Can I upgrade to beta7C in my production server ? Is the nightly build version stable enough ?
Or is there a way to bypass this alert ?
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Pitou.

More
8 years 10 months ago #54885 by ggppdk
Hello

v3 BETA 7c will not stop at this message, will just give it out and continue

but since it is not false message,

i suggest that you first try to fix the permissions of folder (also check its --parent-- folders)
components/com_flexicontent/libraries/phpThumb/cache

Can I upgrade to beta7C in my production server ? Is the nightly build version stable enough ?

- no confirmed medium or important bugs for it, but not well tested

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
8 years 10 months ago #54886 by Pitou
All the folders and the parent folder have the same permissions.
Maybe this is because they are too much restrictive : they are in 0707 and my host do not want to change it, for security reasons.
But I don't understand why I've got this warning only for that particular folder and not for others.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #54892 by ggppdk
Hello

currently the code is checks for 755

but in what we really need is: 700 (= full rights for the 'owner', but none rights to 'group' and 'other' users)

please hack file and test this:
administrator/com_flexicontent/models/flexicontent
find:
Code:
$return = preg_match('/rwxr.xr.x/i', JPath::getPermissions($phpthumbcache) ) ? true : false;
change to (warning it will not check for unsafe permissions, but i your case they are safe already):
Code:
$return = preg_match('/rwx....../i', JPath::getPermissions($phpthumbcache) ) ? true : false;

or best would be:
Code:
$return = preg_match('/rwx[-]{6}/i', JPath::getPermissions($phpthumbcache) ) ? true : false;

Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by ggppdk.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.335 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline