How to show Joomla Articles on frontpage - new to flexicontent

More
8 years 8 months ago #56594 by ggppdk
Hello

we could convert categories from "com_content" to be "com_flexicontent", but then would loose compatibilty with many 3rd party extensions

- instead we choose to make categories inherit ACL from FLEXIcontent component
- ACL manager "fixes" them to inherit from Joomla Article component again

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #56679 by Raroit
Hi,

Opening 'categories' is ok... The problem i having is opening 'Item/Article"

When i login (frontend) with super-user the Item/Article open. When i login with any user-group below super-user, the Item/Article not open

What ACL Manager does show is inherit ACL from com_content works (Categories and Items), but there is some issue when inherit ACL from com_flexicontent (Categories open but not Items...)

More
8 years 8 months ago #56681 by ggppdk
Hello

please forget of ACL manager when using FLEXIcontent,
i explained already about it, they do not want to support FLEXIcontent

- you can use it but after doing, relogin to backend, and in FLEXIcontent dashboard click "Set initital permissions"

- about editing items
a user not being able to edit does not mean that there is an ACL error

- you can edit FLEXIContent component by clicking "parameters" then go to permissions TAB and allow usergroups to edit ALL or edit their items that they have created(="owned")

please note
1. if in any category you set this to EDIT or EDIT.OWN to "DENY" it will effect the all items that have this category as their main category
(of course this will effect all sub-categories)

2. if a user belongs to 2 or 3 or more usergroups and you DENY in any of them a category, then setting to allow in any other usergroup will have no effect

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline