[SOLVED] Unnecessary wrapping DIV element in group fields

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #56110 by agata
Hello,
I did a test upgrade to the latest flexi version and I noticed a carousel of image and text fields isn't working correctly (it's a multi-value group field). I noticed there's a wrapping element in there that's being added by Flexi and that is <div class="fc-fieldgrp-value-box">. Would it be possible to not force this element in there in the future version? If someone needs a wrapping element then they can always use the prefix/suffix fields within the group field's configuration.
Thanks,
Agata
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #56111 by ggppdk
Hello

it is default value,

add anything inside:
prefix or suffix parameters
e.g. inside prefix parameter add:
<div style="display:none"></div>

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 8 months ago #56113 by agata
Hello,
Thanks, I already figured this out by looking into the source code of the plugin and solved it by adding a space to the prefix. I still think this isn't an intuitive solution and that the div shouldn't be there by default, the rendered code should be as clean as possible in my opinion.
Cheers,
Agata

More
8 years 8 months ago #56114 by ggppdk
Hello

it is for user being less capable with HTML,

the negative is that this default is applied in the case of using display via custom HTML parameter

not sure how to change this without breaking display of the field, maybe we should remove this default if using custom HTML parameter,
that should be a good compromise

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
8 years 8 months ago #56115 by agata
Yes, that would be an excellent solution. If someone is using the custom html then it means they're particular about what code structure they want to achieve and then that additional div might make it difficult on them.
Thanks as ever,
Agata

More
8 years 8 months ago #56117 by ggppdk
Hello

Yes, that would be an excellent solution. If someone is using the custom html then it means they're particular about what code structure they want to achieve and then that additional div might make it difficult on them.

will commit this change, not adding it, if custom HTML parameter is used

The following user(s) said Thank You: agata

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline