Voting doesn't work under FC 155 r607 - SH404 Issue

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #16695 by tbunte
I update to com_flexicontent_155_stable_r607 on my System, but as result nothing happens for Function Voting.
The function shows the loading Icon, but after it, the article have still 0 Votes.
The Console on Developer Tools shows no error?

Any idea?

Systeminfos:
Jooma 1.5.23
FC 155 r607
FA 1.0.5

best regards,
Thomas
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by yopyop001. Reason: Edit title (SH404 Issue)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #16704 by bsky92
with every nabigator,

This is weird, I switched to 1.5.5 too and have no problem with voting, but I only use chrome, I'll try with IE and firefox and let you know

More
12 years 8 months ago #16708 by tbunte
I had it under FF (3.6 and 5) and IE (8) too (standardbrowser was Chromium-Based Iron).

Sample under
http://www.ostwestfalen-lippe-socialmed ... uture.html

best regards,
Thomas

More
12 years 8 months ago #16721 by bsky92
I tried it , this is weird, it's working really fine on my site.

Did it happen just after you upgraded ?

More
12 years 8 months ago #16722 by ggppdk
I have managed to vote at the URL you provided, by using a direct link, (don't worry it does not let me vote twice), you can see that i voted for 5 stars :D

Anyway the problem is that the voting function is confused because your installation is in a subfolder called "feed" and you are using SEF URLs.

For some reason JURI::base() doesnot seem to return the joomla subfolder which is then stored in a javascript variable sfolder. I looked at the page source and it is initialized to '' meaning no subfolder.

Put this in your template just before </body>, and it should fix the problem
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript"> if (typeof sfolder != 'undefined') { sfolder = '/feed/'; } </script>

Other options:

1. Try configuring your SEF component or
2. Try modifying .htaccess file changing line
Code:
RewriteBase / to RewriteBase /feed/
3. Patch the fcvote.js to set sfolder variable

Test the above to see if things voting works and if something breaks ... please post back feedback, if any of the above suggestions work

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 8 months ago #16728 by bsky92
Really, thanks soooooooooooo much for all the help you are providing to the community :)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline