Item submission menu doesn't work in all languages

More
8 years 11 months ago #53995 by pipedream
Hi, I'm using FC v3 BETA5a in Joomla 3.4.1.
The menu link for the submission of a new item is only working in the default language, not in the other languages.
My default language is Portuguese (pt), so the following link opens correctly a new item submission form:

/index.php?option=com_flexicontent&Itemid=213&lang=pt&layout=form&view=item

But the following link (with English language) opens the edit form of the item with the first id:

/index.php?option=com_flexicontent&Itemid=213&lang=en&layout=form&view=item

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #54000 by ggppdk
Hello

things to check:

1. you have an itemid in the URL, aka a specific Joomla MENU item, does the menu item have a specific language ?
if it does try setting it to language"ALL"

2. the redirection to associated item maybe triggered ! (but it should be triggered while you are in item form)
question are you redirected to the associated translation (aka the associated item that translates current item) ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #54012 by pipedream

ggppdk wrote: 1. you have an itemid in the URL, aka a specific Joomla MENU item, does the menu item have a specific language ?
if it does try setting it to language"ALL"

Yes, and it is already set to "ALL".
In fact, every menu items besides "Search" are set to "ALL".

ggppdk wrote: 2. the redirection to associated item maybe triggered ! (but it should be triggered while you are in item form)
question are you redirected to the associated translation (aka the associated item that translates current item) ?

The current item is only one and has its language set to "ALL", as I am using Falang.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by pipedream.

More
8 years 11 months ago #54021 by ggppdk
Hello
ok,

can you explain what is opened? i don't understand this:

But the following link (with English language) opens the edit form of the item with the first id

it always open the FLEXIcontent item with ID = 1
and the FLEXIcontent item with ID = 1 is open when editing any item, e.g. it opens when editing item 45, 567, 38 , etc ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #54025 by pipedream
No, the editing of items, whatever their id is, works fine in any language.

It is only when I click the menu item which type is "Item Submission Form" that in the English part of the site it opens the edit form of item with id=1.

If I am on the Portuguese (default) version of the site, this "Item Submission Form" opens the correct form to create a new item (with the first form to choose type, etc.).

I'd be happy to give you access to the site and backoffice, if you have time to check this.
Thanks.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by pipedream.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 1.043 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline