[SOLVED] Same level peer categories not possible in one line

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #55522 by Macjoomla
Hello ggppdk,
there are several preferences for separating peer categories like empty, pipe or new line etc. Now it is not possible to have these peer categories in one line, no matter what you choose they are always each in a new line. On choosing pipe, there comes the category name, newline with pipe and another new line with next category. This happens to directory view but also to normal blog view. I am using FLEXIcontent 3.0.0 RC. This was possible in one of latest versions.

Thank you and best regards, Macjoomla
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #55523 by ggppdk
Hello

something being in the same line depends on the HTML and CSS that you are using

and there is not 1 parameter there are 3 parameters effecting this

besides separator between categories,
there is also prefix/suffix and suffix of every values (plus start HTML of categories and end HTML of categories)

finally there can be CSS rules effecting the result

- you have to be more specific, copy the exact HTML that you are outputing, and check if it is broken (do view "page source" in your browser)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #55529 by Macjoomla
Hello ggpdk,
i have been looking around all preferences and deactivated everything like item count and so on. There are only the categories showing up each in a new line, but i can't get point and i can't find all used css of following page source. Is there something in it, what should not be there? Do you have another hint, where to look for?
Code:
<!-- BOF peer-categories info --> <div class="peercategorieslist group"> <span class='floattext peercat fc_inline_block'> <span class='catinfo fc_inline'> <a class='catlink' href='/verzeichnis-test/20-kirchen'>Kirchen</a></span> </span> <span class='floattext peercat fc_inline_block'> <span class='catinfo fc_inline'> <a class='catlink' href='/verzeichnis-test/21-parkanlagen'>Parkanlagen</a></span> </span> <span class='floattext peercat fc_inline_block'> <span class='catinfo fc_inline'> <a class='catlink' href='/verzeichnis-test/23-institutionen'>Institutionen</a></span> </span> </div> <!-- EOF peer-categories info -->

More
8 years 8 months ago #55549 by Macjoomla
Hello ggpdk,
this happens only, if standard layout for this category is set to blog.

If i choose default, faq, items tabbed or presentation, everyting works as expected. It is just by switching the category layout to let it work or dont let it work. So there might be something unusual in blog layout that makes the categories using each one a new line?

Best regards, Macjoomla

More
8 years 8 months ago #55625 by Macjoomla
Hello ggppdk,

after some investigations i found a css causing this issue with blog layout:

site/components/com_flexicontent/templates/blog/css/category.css
line 22-24
Code:
#flexicontent .floattext { display:block; /* safari */ }

For my custom copy of the template, i deleted these line, dont know if there are secondary effects – however the peercategories are now showing side by side as expected ;)

Best regards, Macjoomla

More
8 years 8 months ago #55656 by ggppdk
Hello

will replace this CSS with inline-block

thanks for feedback

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline