[SOLVED] Language files of FLEXIcontent templates some times not loading in backend template manager

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #56902 by charlynancy
Hi,
With FLEXIcontent v3.0.7
When you are in admin mode of template : (administrator/index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=templates)
If you are connected with French default language
You don't have the english translation if french translation is empty
You don't have the french translation if you paste the english translation in french file (fr-FR.ini)

So you just obtain :
FLEXI_TMPL_BLOG_ITEM_DEFAULT_TITLE
FLEXI_TMPL_BLOG_ITEM_SHORT_DESC

I think that it will the same with other languages
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #56920 by ggppdk
Hello

- by default english is loaded
- then it is overriden by configured language

the French language file must have misclosed Quotes,
- if french language files do not have misclosed quotes then the english translation will show

files are:
components/com_flexicontent/templates/blog/language/en-GB/en-GB.ini
components/com_flexicontent/templates/blog/language/fr-FR/fr-FR.ini

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #56927 by charlynancy
hello Georgios,

the French language file must have misclosed Quotes,
- if french language files do not have misclosed quotes then the english translation will show

i copy paste from en-GB.ini to fr-FR.ini
Code:
; template language file to override or add new language strings FLEXI_TPL_NO_COLUMNS_SELECT_FORCING_DISPLAY_ITEM_TITLE="No columns selected forcing the display of item title. Please:<br />1. enable display of item title in category parameters<br />2. OR add fields to the category Layout of the template assigned to this category<br />3. OR set category parameters to display 0 items per page" FLEXI_TEMPLATE_HTML_MODE="HTML Version" FLEXI_HTML_MODE="Choose HTML version" FLEXI_HTML_MODE_DESC="Choose between xhtml or html5." FLEXI_XHTML="xhtml" FLEXI_HTML5="html5" FLEXI_YES_IF_NEEDED="Yes, if needed" FLEXI_TMPL_BLOG_CATEGORY_DEFAULT_TITLE="Columned listing" FLEXI_TMPL_BLOG_CATEGORY_SHORT_DESC="Category layout similar to the Joomla blog layout, with tiling ability, responsive behaviour, custom thumbnailing, custom description display, etc" FLEXI_TMPL_BLOG_ITEM_DEFAULT_TITLE="Basic" FLEXI_TMPL_BLOG_ITEM_SHORT_DESC="Simple item layout, with a few positions, and CORE fields selection via parameters"

If you have french installed (that will certainly happen with an other language) could you try to connect with an other language in administrator of your test site?
Then go to this page :
http://www.your_test_site.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=templates

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #56928 by ggppdk
Hello

install any other language (do not download FLEXIcontent translation package for it yet)
and set backend to it

go to templates manager does the strings appear translated ?

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
The following user(s) said Thank You: charlynancy

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #56929 by charlynancy
Georgios,
I am so sorry :blush:
I made this mistake in Joomla Language configuration (hope that can help someone else) :
I forgot to create french content : Extensions > Language Manager > Content > New : Français (FR)
Now all is all right

Thank You for your Help and excuse me again for my mistake

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #56930 by ggppdk
Hello

indeed you are right,
-- in template language loading, we do check if language is a "content" language

but this should not be done in item form and content forms

- i think we can remove the above mentioned check
just we need to find the language tag some other way:
fr-FR
en-GB

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline