Solved : Some Images are not copied but the batch / translate task in items manager

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #58639 by id-pop
Hi,

First, thanks for this great component. I am working on a multilingue website with flexicontent 3.0.8 and joomla 3.4.5.

I have created a content type with the following fields :
- 2 fields "Textarea"
- 1 field group (multi-values) with:
-text field
- textarea field
- An image field (multi-values to be used as gallery)

First, I create an article in english (language : english)
When I look on the front-end, everything is ok (all the filled fields are displayed)

Then I use the "batch" function to dupplicate the content in "French" language and associate both articles.
When I look on the front-end, I can see all the filled fields in english but in french language, I can see all the filled fields except for the "gallery". Sometimes I see some images (not all) but, must of the time, I can't see any.

The strange thing is that when I look in the html code on the front-end, I can't even see the "field_block" field of the gallery.

Do you have any idea of the reason of this strange thing?

Thanks for your help

Alexandre

PS : One last information : I have tried with the 3.0.9RC but it doesn't fix the problem and it creates another issue : I can see only the "module" tab in the universal content module.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by id-pop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #58643 by ggppdk
Hello

You said v3.0.9-rc
Please install v3.0.9-rc6c it fixes fieldgroup issues with Image field

Also is the image field in DB-mode or in folder mode and is the image field set to be "untranslateable" or is not

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by ggppdk.

More
8 years 4 months ago #58653 by id-pop
Hi, Thanks for your quick answer. I meant 3.0.9-rc6c but it didn't solved my problem. I had another issue with the 3.0.9rc6c with the "universal content module" (only the module tab was displayed).

The image field is in DB mode. How can I know if the image is "untranslateable" ?

More
8 years 4 months ago #58719 by ggppdk
Hello

inside the configuration form of the field
- at the LEFT (first) tab-set
- the 2nd TAB is "Item Form"

and you have in it:
- Non-translatable
- Hide in item form
- Values editable by (edit-values ACL)

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #58760 by id-pop
Thanks for your answer. I have tested but this doesn't fix my issue.
An exemple :
In english
hcd.idpop.fr/index.php?option=com_flexic...6&Itemid=315&lang=en
In french
hcd.idpop.fr/index.php?option=com_flexic...6&Itemid=315&lang=fr

There should be 9 images on each pages (5 in first article and 4 in the second article). But in french, only 1 image is displayed.

Dio you have any other idea ?
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by id-pop.

More
8 years 4 months ago #58763 by ggppdk
Hello

- if image field is not in folder mode, then the images are in item-specific folder and are not copied
- if image field is in DB-mode then all images will appear, unless you have changed the owner of the item ?

The following user(s) said Thank You: id-pop

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline