[EXPLAINED] check in and check out issue with flexicontent items

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #61755 by emanuelusa
Will you please help me for one thing.. see what is going is that while I had opened any items and if same items opened by another guy , its allow him also to change the articles details without showing them error that already one user has open that items, which is joomla by default facilities, but some how its not working with flexicontent component, will you please help me to solve it?
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #61768 by ggppdk
Hello

that is the default behaviour, and it is working
- If you still think it is a bug please provide exact instructions on how to replicate this
(install a fresh copy of FLEXIcontent and make an exact list of steps to replicate it)

See the picture below about the display when a different user has edited the item recently)

Reasons for a user being able to edit an item that was checked-in by another user (editor)

1. you have enabled the items to be checked in after NN hours , inside the plugin:
- System - Flexisystem, core functions

2. If a user is privileged then he can clear the lock aka "CHECK-IN" the item and edit it

The need for the above is because users may edit the item, and leave it locked forever

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by ggppdk.

More
7 years 5 months ago #64995 by jrodgar
hi!

Regarding this:
Code:
2. If a user is privileged then he can clear the lock aka "CHECK-IN" the item and edit it

How can I decide wich users can check in?

Regards

Unless otherwise indicated:
Joomla 3.8.1
Flexicontent 3.2.1.7

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #65001 by ggppdk
> How can I decide wich users can check in?

you go to Joomla Menu: "System"/"Global checkin"

and click Options , then go to Permission Tabs:
- User groups with "Configure ACL & Options", can checkin items

[hr]
Just we have a bug, our check is wrong,
- in v3.1.1 only Super Admins can checkin items editted by others
- in v3.1.2 this will be fixed, and users with the above described permissions will be able to checkin

[hr]
Also if you go to our System plugin: "Flexicontent - core functions" (flexisystem)
- There you can configure auto-checkin, e.g. after 24 hours, of being checked out

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by ggppdk.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline