How to show modules on a page with a flexicontent item

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #61866 by CorMouwen
Hi,

Quite a lot of my webpages have a flexicontent item. When I want to add ANY module to such a page, the module is NOT shown; unless I choose the menu-selection to "all", instead of the specific page where I want the module to appear.

I've tried a different template, but the result remains the same, no module is shown on a page with a flexicontent item.

How do I get around this problem?
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #61883 by ggppdk
Hello

- every FLEXIcontent views will use some menu item that is of type any of these :

FLEXIcontent directory
FLEXIcontent category
FLEXIcontent single item
etc

if you have not created any FLEXIcontent menu items
- then your views are using the menu item:
FLEXIcontent Hidden Menu / ....

!! Please make sure that you have selected the correct menu items
!! You can look at the URL the LAST part that
- does not start with a number e.g. NOT nnn-cat-alias
- is not the view name e.g. NOT item, category, tags, tagged, myitems, favs, etc

is the menu item alias of the currently active menu item

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
7 years 10 months ago #61918 by CorMouwen
Hello,
  1. I have created a menu-item: index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=item&cid=22&id=28
  2. I have published a module ABC in position bottom-a of the template on that menu position

Only the Felxicontent item is visible and not module ABC

I replace the Flexicontent menu-item by a different menu-item, now both the menu-item and the module are visible.

Correct me if I am wrong: I did as you told me, and it proves to me that Flexicontent prevents other modules from being displayed on pages with a Flexicontent-item.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #61922 by ggppdk
Hello

I did as you told me, and it proves to me that Flexicontent prevents other modules from being displayed on pages with a Flexicontent-item.

proves ? aahhh,
ok i will take more time to explain the full situation

Please read how modules are displayed in Joomla

1. The module manager check criteria for displaying a module
e.g. if module is assigned to menu item AND possibly more criteria,
e.g. the Advanced module manager by (Nonumber/RegularLabs) not also gives more options to control when module is displayed
www.regularlabs.com/extensions/advancedmodulemanager

2. THEN the module itself decides if it wants to display something for the current view
that is the module ABC that you are you using is also relevant

e.g. our FLEXIcontent modules check current view to decide what to display or decide to display nothing
for example some module "Nice Latest articles" check if current view is Joomla article view, and they will not display something in other views

so you need to check both 1 and 2

module ABC

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline