Is it possible to create items without title ?

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #56144 by JeBy
Hi everyone!

I just moved the development of my website from Cobalt to Flexicontent, mainly because of the added support of Field Groups and other neat features. However, I am missing some features that were in Cobalt that are not present in Flexicontent.

I was wondering if in a possible release it would be possible to add Items that have no title (make the title field not required in a certain content type for example). In Cobalt this is possible and it just adds the item with a title of "No title: ID number".

Also, I love the relation fields, but is there a way to have a Select field where you can select a certain item and choose in which way it shows up on another Item's page?

If you have any questions about my Feature requests please don't hesitate to ask.

Have a great day!
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #56158 by ggppdk
Hello

add to the item form CSS to hide the title and JS to set some value to it so that validation does not fail

i can understand the usefulness of this, it is desirable to be able to hide all or some core fields in some cases

- you will be able to do it in v3.0.5 (to test it now "zip" and download flexicontent GitHub and install via Joomla installer)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Attachments:

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #56159 by ggppdk
About title read previous answer

about displaying related items inside other items,
- the display if full customizable using a "custom HTML" parameter, you can add it HTML, language string, and fields

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #56175 by JeBy
Thanks a lot for the reply! I'm going to install it very soon!

Another question: I've seen that the jQuery plugin "imagepicker " ( rvera.github.io/image-picker/ ) is included in Flexicontent. Is there any way I can create a select field with imagepicker as the JS library instead of "select2"?

I've tried with a select field where I have "image" set but I can't seem to have the image show up in the list. I figure "imagepicker" would be a better solution than the tiny thumbnails in the list anyway.

Thanks ahead!

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #56200 by JeBy
Hi again!

I have installed 3.0.5 dev and I enabled the new title options! However, on the form there is still the field "alias" which seems a bit strange when you don't have to give a title? Then in the end when I click Save I sadly get this error:

Error during storing the content: FLEXI_ARTICLES_MUST_HAVE_A_TITLE

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #56201 by JeBy
Solved this issue by changing this:
Code:
if(empty($this->title)) { $this->setError(JText::_( 'FLEXI_ARTICLES_MUST_HAVE_A_TITLE' )); return false; }

to
Code:
if(empty($this->title)) { $this->title = 'No Title: ' . $this->id; }

in flexicontent_items.php

It's probably better to add "if item can be empty" before it but I don't know what the new parameter's name is and I wanted to quickly solve the issue.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.616 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline