[SOLVED] How to preview pending changes to item ?

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #59871 by maggB
Hello,

Is there a way to preview a published item when it has been changed, BEFORE it is saved (& published again)?
An editor, who makes changes to an item would be interested in previewing the changes before publishing them.
I understand there is an extension called Better Preview, but this extension does not support FlexiContent.

So what are the options?
Thanks for your help! :)
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #59884 by micker
not possible ... you can check better preview plugin (nonumber) if it compatible with flexicontent

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #59890 by maggB
Better Preview does not support FlexiContent unfortunately. Already gone that way...

Funny, I thought all editors wanted to preview their changes before publishing them. How do they solve this then? Publish to a staging site and then move the changes to the production site? Seems like double work. Any suggestions?

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #59891 by ggppdk
Hello

in component parameters, inside Workflow TAB, disable parameter "Auto-Approve"
The above will display an extra option in item form "Publish Changes"

- edit the item and make changes
- set "Publish Changes" to NO and save the item
- click "Preview" button (NOTE: you will need to login to frontend to be able to preview)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
The following user(s) said Thank You: maggB

More
8 years 1 month ago #59894 by maggB
Wohooo! THIS is what I wanted! Thank you thank you thank you! :silly: :woohoo: :side:
Now, tell me, what's the difference between the first/last preview options I get?
(see image) The first and last preview options seem to show the same page (I can see the URL is different, but what is the difference?)
Attachments:

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #59907 by ggppdk
Hello

usually 1st and 3rd button is the same version

- because by default the item form will load latest (you can click to load some other version by using the "versions" TAB)
the middle button is of course what it says the "active" version that the public sees

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline