Multiple Image Loads

More
7 years 4 months ago #65241 by kspoddar
Hi - I wanted to give the background. My application on Flexicontent is to create microsites for restaurants. In these microsites there are two image fields. One for menus and the other for restaurant photos.

The menu pages are uploaded as JPEG files. The number of menu items could be as high as 40 images and the restaurant photos could be as high as 100.

Currently, Flexicontent allows me to drag and drop all the images at the same time which is a great way to do it. The problem is after that when each image has to be individually chosen. It take about 10 seconds to do this for each image if there are 10 images. As the number of images increase, the time taken for each image also increases. If there are 120 images this could take as much as 25 minutes or more. The other problem is that it is a repetitive and very boring process.

If there could be a way of uploading multiple images in a single click then it would become very efficient for sites that have to deal with multiple images for a single item.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
Kirti

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #65242 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Multiple Image Loads

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
7 years 4 months ago #65244 by lipatovroman

More
7 years 4 months ago #65247 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Multiple Image Loads
Hello

Indeed a part of the benefits of the multi-uploader AJAX uploader is lost,
- because the images, after uploaded need to be assigned 1 at a time

github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck/issues/675

I have update the issue with a good description and give it a good milestone
you may read and comment to it if you think of something worth noting into it

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
7 years 4 months ago #65256 by kspoddar
Replied by kspoddar on topic Multiple Image Loads
Thanks George and Micker for taking this suggestion. Romagromov gave a reference of a Youtube video which I think would be perfect as a process for uploading the image files.

Although I love Flexicontent madly, one other issue is that the layout for uploading images is not ergonomic. Hopefully, this will make it a sleek process.

Cheers!
Kirti

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #65264 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Multiple Image Loads
Hello

actually what we have now does more than what this video shows
it has renaming on click and multiple property editing

only noticeable difference are the larger thumbnails without clicking and the re-ordering
but we have reordering inside the item form

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by ggppdk.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline