Some suggestions

More
7 years 3 months ago #65506 by kspoddar
Some suggestions was created by kspoddar
Happy New Year to all the wonderful people who have created Flexicontent or are using it. I am a devout user of Flexicontent and believes that this is the best CCK available.

I wanted to share with you an exercise we did for providing information on New Year's events to users. I hired five interns to call up restaurants and check with them if they had any New Year celebrations. They were given a target of achieving 100 such listings in five days. They were given no training. The amazing thing is that they achieved their targets. That was 20 listings/items a day!

What this means is that Flexicontent is intuitive, fast and flexible. And, that's why I am such a huge fan of Flexicontent.

During this operation I realized that a few more features would make it even better and more powerful. I hope these are added to the roadmap. These features may already be there but I guess I may not have been able to figure out :unsure:

a) Related items - Joomla already has this module and I think it would be wonderful to have this in Flexicontent. The relationship field is not very efficient as it means that the items created first cannot have similar items added to it unless you edit the item later. Besides, Joomla already has the add article feature.

If related items could be presented in the form of module based on key words or fields, that will be simply amazing - like the Joomla related module.

b) Google Map Proximity module - this would mean that places within a geography/location could be picked up by the module. Administrator can set the values in terms of distance. This will be a fantastic feature.

Please do have a look at these suggestions and see if they can be used

Thanks!

Cheers!
Kirti

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #65507 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Some suggestions
Hello,

Joomla related items module is finding items that have the same "meta keys"
- we can add this case too

[hr]
but in the "Select items" TAB of universal module

We can have dynamic related items
by using 1 or more fields with same value as the currently displayed (currently viewed) item

Enable the "Custom field" scope !
- say to compare to current item
and select which fields should have the same value as the current item

[hr]
Also for dynamic related items you have the scopes
- compare to current item

e.g.
"Item Scope" (which i see it is bad name, will change it)
- Items with same tags as current item

e.g.
"Category Scope"
- Items in same category as current item

e.g.
"Author Scope"
- Items in by same author (owner) as current item

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by ggppdk.

More
7 years 3 months ago #65517 by kspoddar
Replied by kspoddar on topic Some suggestions
Thanks George. Will try out the Universal content module and report.

Cheers!
Kirti

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.790 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline