Weblink to an external Website

More
6 years 7 months ago #69030 by pasion71
Joomla/Fexicontent/Gantry5

Hello Support Team

I like to use the tabs for a direct link to an external Webside.
(In the attachment I send you the exaple)
I've tried to find a new field in Flexiconten: Weblink
This field "Weblink" is working well, but I can see the link/url only if I go with the mouse arrow inside the tab.
The Url in the tabs can be very long, thats looks not so nice. For a mobile application (on a tablet) It is not easy to use this by the finger.

My question:

1. How is it possible to set the parameter to the link permanently displayed in the tab?

2. Is there an option/possibility to go only with one click (like a button. maybe with a new typ or module) directly to the extrenal website without clicking first on the URL in the tab?

3. If not: is it possible to overwrite the exactly link to make it shorter?

I thank you in advanced for your support

Best Regards

Pasion71
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #69039 by ggppdk
Hello

you want to display
- both the title of the link and link of the external website, correct ?
e.g. Wikipedia - Electric_Circuit_Analysis - en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Electric_Circuit_Analysis

Also i am confused, about the TABs
you want when you click the TAB title to open the external website ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
6 years 7 months ago #69052 by pasion71
Hello Support Team

you want to display
- both the title of the link and link of the external website, correct ?

not really: I prefer to display the titel with function as a bottom to conecting to the external websit.
(the exactly url is not importend for the visitors to conect him to the external Webside)

Also i am confused, about the TABs
you want when you click the TAB title to open the external website ?
Hello

With tab's I meen Flexicontent field. If you can see in my example in the attachement: the Wikipedia field is clicked, but nobody can see the content with the external link, its blank. The visitors do not know what to do!

Only if I touch with the mouse arrow the field, the url is show up (see in my example in the attachement: field Instagram) The visitors need to click again to continue to the external website.

In short: I need buttons to connect the visitors directy to the external webside.
The exactly url adress dont need to show up

best regards

Pasion71

More
6 years 7 months ago #69055 by ggppdk
Hello

In short: I need buttons to connect the visitors directy to the external webside.

There is a parameter in field configuration for the above
"Use direct link"

It is inside
"Viewing" TAB / "Values display" TAB

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline