[SOLVED 3rd party extensions should use jQuery UI that comes with Joomla] no AJAX search results displayed, jQuery UI loading conflict

More
9 years 4 days ago - 8 years 9 months ago #53311 by omtr
Hi Flexicontent,

when i try to use the advanced search module instead of the standard search module, no AJAX results are displayed.
is the ajax search still implemented in FC 2.2.1 or was this feature disabled? I cannot find any AJAX specific settings in the module (for example: the minimum required amount of letters before results are displayed).

thanks for your help!
omtr
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 days ago - 8 years 10 months ago #53318 by micker
i think you have an javascript conflict ... try to show console in firebug

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by ggppdk.

More
9 years 4 days ago - 8 years 10 months ago #53331 by ggppdk
Hello

there must either be a JS error

or

there is a PHP notice/warning being printed in the server side that breaks the responce

you may post a link to the frontend

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #54807 by omtr
i do not get any js error messages on the search module. the problem persists in 3.0.0b7c.
i send you the link by pn.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #54838 by ggppdk
Hello

if you also display Joomla smart search module, or for any other reason the Joomla include version of

"jQuery Autocomplete" JS is loaded

then our text-search autocomplete JS will fail because we use , jQuery -UI- autocomplete
and it will fail without JS error, because the jQuery Autocomplete JS will be called

this was very recently fixed in our GitHub repository, you will need to wait for next release, or:
-- try using v3.0 BETA7c with the latest
components/com_flexicontent/assets/css/tmpl_common.js

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #54842 by omtr
hi ggppdk,

i think there was a conflict with other search components that i did not use, but what were still installed (RSSearch for example). I removed them, but unfortunately i get another error now:
Code:
TypeError: this.menu is undefined
in libraries/jquery/js/jquery-ui/jquery.ui.autocomplete.min.js

i already checked if this file is the newest version from the git. the spinner rotates as soon as i type in some characters and the error message is reported in the javascript console each time i press a key. so obviously the event is fired as it should be, but the object is not addressed correctly...?

thanks again for your help!
omtr

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline