[Menu item only for multi-cats view] Flexi filters module - global and not adjusting to current category

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #54636 by agata
Hello,
I was trying to add filters that would allow visitors to find matching tours on the site I'm developing but even though I configured it to only search in one specific category (the top-level Tours category) and created a hidden menu item loading that category's items, the filters still load values as per current category (but work as intended in item view - that is show all possible values of the filters). I need the module to have the same behaviour regardless of the page it's published on. Perhaps I'm using the wrong module? I didn't see any settings for filters in the flexi search module

Example (the module is published on the top right, "Quick trip search"):
- sandbox-select.wilddog.co.uk/tours - item view landing page for tours, works correctly
- sandbox-select.wilddog.co.uk/tours/subjects - category view for a subcategory of Tours configured to only show subcategories, not their items; doesn't show any values in the filters
- sandbox-select.wilddog.co.uk/tours/subjects/history-politics - sub-sub-category, filters adjusted to the contents
- sandbox-select.wilddog.co.uk/tours/histo...oach-3-days-2-nights - a tour item page, filters again work correctly

The page that the filters should lead to and filter is sandbox-select.wilddog.co.uk/tours/search which is a listing of all items in the subcategories of Tours

Thanks in advance for your assistance with this.
Best,
Agata
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #54639 by ggppdk
Hello

- menu item configuration will be used, only if you are targetting MULTI-category view

otherwise the menu item is auto-selected, maybe we forgot to update the description

- add a menu item for single category can be a new parameter

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by ggppdk.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #54640 by agata
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by agata.

More
8 years 11 months ago #54641 by ggppdk
Hello

which screen shot ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #54642 by agata
Sorry, I tried attaching it (selected the file and hit insert button) but it wouldn't attach, in the post above there is a link to the screenshot.
A
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by agata.

More
8 years 11 months ago #54670 by agata
Did you manage to recreate this behaviour? I have the menu item with the ID specified in the configuration of the module set to multiple categories and the filters to show all values so I don't know what else to do, the filters still try to filter the current category instead of redirecting to the mcats view.
Best,
Agata

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline