[Correct (please see description of parameter)] Relation field filter showing all languages

More
4 years 5 months ago #77570 by krae
Hello,

I have a relation field that has articles in it that are French and English from the same catefory that is set to All for languages. I have a Content Lists Filtering module and category menu items that include this field as a filter and both types show all items of that category in both languages.

Is there a way to show only the items for the current language that the user is viewing? If they are on the English page, the French options for the filter should not appear.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #77573 by micker
hello in edit tab of this field you can filter by active language

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
4 years 5 months ago #77574 by krae
Hi Micker,

Within the edit tab, I have Same Language Only set to Yes. In the backend, I only have the current language options available, but on the frontend, the filter still shows both languages.

Is there another setting that I'm missing?

Thanks
Attachments:

More
4 years 5 months ago #77608 by ggppdk
Hello

the "same language" means same language as current item that contains the related items

so if the item has language "All" then there is no language filtering for the related items list

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
4 years 5 months ago #77637 by krae
The filter is working perfectly on the item containing the related items and in the backend.

I have a category menu item and the relation field is displayed as a dropdown filter on that page, the filter is showing all related items in all languages. My menu item is set to a specific language and the related items are all set to their specific language as well. Is there a way for the dropdown filter to show only the current language items?

Thanks

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #77639 by ggppdk
Hello

no there is no option for such a thing

the idea is to address the by far most common case, and also avoid problems
that is why the language of the item is used and not the "current User Interface language"
which would make editing items of different languages problematic, and inconsistent

[EDIT]
if this is too important for your website, you can contact me about sponsoring a new option to the "Same language parameter"
and option link
"Current UI Lang instead of (item language) ALL"

in any case please understand that this is rather rare case of usage of the parameter

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by ggppdk.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline