Can't save or create new type.

More
3 years 9 months ago #78911 by NicoM
Hi,

In the Types section, i can't save new types and saving an edited one also doesn't work.
I can copy the existing one, but without the ability to save changes, this also isn't an option.
when i try to save, i jump to the joomla dashboard and nothing is saved. (sometimes i get a 2nd joomla dashboard inside my joomla dashboard :huh: )
This is only in the Types section, nowhere else.
I'm using latest joomla version (3.9.19) and latest flexicontent (3.3.5), nothing else is installed.
I am working on my localhost, but this can't be the problem i guess.

Greetings, Nico.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #78912 by ggppdk
Hello

This can not be due to PHP 7.4 since despite some warning the types are created

If you can provide an online website that show the issue, i will look at it

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
3 years 9 months ago #78915 by NicoM
Hi,

I don't have a live webhost for the moment.
the free ones i know don't allow ftp but provide the joomla install, so i can't upload this exact same site. I guess if this is not an issue you heard of before, chances are great if i rebuild it from start on a webhost there is no more issue.

I'm going to look today if i find a free host where i can upload the install i got, so you can see this.
rebuilding all from scratch probably wouldn't take much time and fix the error, but i also find it important to provide you with the info of possible errors i encounter so you can improve your nice extension.

Greetings, Nico

More
3 years 9 months ago #78916 by NicoM
Hi,

I have placed the site online with a free webhost who accepts ftp so the site is the same. The issue is still there, you can take a look. ;)

In the flexicontent dashboard, now i can't make connection to the server to check the version, this wasn't before, so it's probably because the hosting, or a setting, i can't look into that for now.

This message contains confidential information

Greetings, Nico

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #78918 by ggppdk
Hello

there is something wrong with the Joomla installation

the top backend menu is missing
and the buttons toolbar is missing

this could be because of view access levels configuration
my account is of a usegroup that does have needed access levels

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by ggppdk.

More
3 years 9 months ago #78919 by NicoM
Hi,

It's not a problem with the joomla install. I've made a group and gave it super user permissions, i think i forgot to make the group special or something like that.

I have put you in the real super user group, it should work fine now.

greetings, nico.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.610 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline