Change label for different types titles?

More
14 years 4 months ago #2095 by Linuus
Hi!

I' playing around with FLEXIcontent and it seems great :) There is a lack of documentation så I do it the "trial and error" way ;)

One question...

If I create two types, Artists and Songs. They both get some fields that I MUST use? Like description, title etc.? Can I remove these from the type? Are they required for the com_content compatibility?

Anyway, I want them to have different lables for each type. Like "Artist name" and "Song title". Possible? :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #2260 by Linuus
Come on guys :)

More
14 years 4 months ago #2275 by bsky92
Hi and sorry, I missed your post

You can change the label of the description field in the type you are using for the item. Check the type tab in Flexicontent, you'll find it in the parameters

About the non optionnal fields, you can't take them away from your template, but you just have to not select them in the item view, and you'll not see them

I hope this helps

More
14 years 4 months ago #2399 by Linuus
But I don't want to change the description label. I want the title to be like "Review" for one type and "Title" for another and "Whatever" for a third.

It's not suitable to have the same 'titles' for different types. That doesn't seem to be possible at the moment though when you only have one title field that is connected to ALL items.

Or have I missed something? :)

More
14 years 4 months ago #2404 by bsky92
yes you have :)

so Where do you want to change the label ? in backend or frontend? Do you have a different label depending of your template?

Just be more precise so we can give you the right answer ....

More
14 years 4 months ago #2406 by Linuus
Thanks for your answer! :)

When I view the article in the frontend it says like this:
Title: Article name

I want it to be:
Review: Review name

For my type 'Review'

And:
Titel: Article title

For my regular articles.

Like in this screen: bayimg.com/NajjeAaCJ
It says "Title". (This is my type called Review)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline