Easy way to set articles order

More
11 years 4 months ago #31615 by ggppdk

Rooney wrote:

ggppdk wrote: mmm, I have added ordering via (multiple) drag and drop and then clicking a single save (the save button at top of column)

YES! Which FC version?
Rooney

I have this locally, but i am puzzled to include more information about the ordering, and make it a little more intuitive

Joomla has an ordering value for every item, FLEXIcontent uses this , but also allows ordering to be set for the item for every one of its categories

I try to make these more clear to the user

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #31621 by micker
a little idea for you
a text field required
only use number 0+(0 1 2 3)
ordering your category by custom field numeric option
easy to use for redactor
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
11 years 4 months ago #31686 by ggppdk
It turns out that besides drag and drop reordering, the ordering itself needed a lot of work,

You can test experimental build RC9b 1590:

SVN Downloads

Changelog (summary since RC9b 1576)

1. PHP 5.4+ compatibility

2. Rewrote item ordering code (model/view/controller), to support ordering groups per category, per state group, per language, and to be able to save and reorder multiple groups per save operation, this for both FLEXIcontent ordering property and for Joomla ordering property,

3. Drag and drop item records reordering

4. J2.5/J3.0 Compliant installer (component install but does not function in J3.0)

5. Fixed a bug in notifications emails regarding draft state from publishers, and added selection of states for emails of new or existing items from users that can publish

6. Added usage of ACL edit/publish/delete permissions in J1.5 with FLEXIaccess like it is already in J2.5

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
11 years 4 months ago #31689 by Rooney

ggppdk wrote: 2. Rewrote item ordering code (model/view/controller), to support ordering groups per category, per state group, per language, and to be able to save and reorder multiple groups per save operation, this for both FLEXIcontent ordering property and for Joomla ordering property,

3. Drag and drop item records reordering

This is great. Thanks!
I have tested it and it seems to work perfectly. The only one language feature that I miss. When I filter by category I would like to have the possibility to see the articles of the translation group even if they are in a different category... Not for ordering but to make it easier to find translations.
Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

More
11 years 4 months ago #31700 by ggppdk
Maybe it would be better to make this more general

Maybe this would be better:
-- always include translations when
a. sorting via translation group column
b. any translation of the group is visible

aka if sorting via this column and having various filters, make an item K to be visible then all its translating items will be visible too?

This better ordering will come handy in
-- category view with subcategories items enabled
-- and in a new category layout "multicat" (like we have "myitems" and "author") , i ll add this as category model and templates almost ready for it
(This after JED announcement of new version)

More
11 years 4 months ago #31707 by Rooney

ggppdk wrote: Maybe this would be better:
-- always include translations when
a. sorting via translation group column
b. any translation of the group is visible

aka if sorting via this column and having various filters, make an item K to be visible then all its translating items will be visible too?

Sounds perfect to me!
Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline