Not allowed access to submit item

More
11 years 1 month ago #35007 by Kanefire
My superuser account is unable to load submit article page (front end) and is instead redirected to page set in configuration for "Not Allowed" users. I have checked the permisssions in Flexicontent permissions to insure superusers are allowed, and they are.

I am not using any caching and have cleared both browser and joomla cache just in case.

Any thoughts?

*Update*
when I go to user manager/ my user / assigned user groups and check "registered" and "superuser" I am allowed access. But shouldn't superuser be allowed, considering it is allowed in Flexicontent / configuration / permissions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #35008 by ggppdk
Hello,
I think i can guess what is happening ...

You have J2.5 right?

What is the access level of the Joomla Menu item (for FC item submission)?

It sound like this access level is assigned to "Registered" usergroup but it is not assigned to the "Super Users" usergroup

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 1 month ago #35060 by Kanefire
ah, correct indeed. Seems it would be inherited, but the ability to assign multiple access levels makes it moot. Thanks for the response.

More
11 years 1 month ago #35076 by ggppdk
Hello

Please see my signature and consider leaving an all star review at JED

Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
11 years 1 month ago #35079 by Kanefire
I generally review extensions, but wait until it is fully implemented.

More
11 years 1 month ago #35085 by ggppdk
FLEXIcontent extension is really big

So chances of getting reports of issues that are in fact configuration issues, may be reported

furthermore , several parts of FLEXIcontent could be separate extensions by themselves

-- our image-gallery field (which also include folder management) is pretty big , it is a complete gallery solution to match majority of purpose

-- universal content module could for sure be a separate extension too.

-- The new search feature with individual faceted field filters with multiple filter appearance

- the import feature

- other ...

The negative of having too much functionality is that people will care that 2 out 2000 great features are buggy or do not work, maybe it would better to offer 500 features with zero bugs than 2000 features with 2 bugs, i think you can guess what i mean here, anyway it human nature ...

I really hope v2.0.1a to have almost zero bugs (except maybe some minor)

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline